Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I just can't get over this style Indian, I think I'll build one
Will build from scratch,I don't think you'd be to truly capture the lines otherwise.
You’re doing the cut-n-weld on this one?,

Cool!

-Kirk
No Mr. B I can't weld D'OOOOH! but I will cut, Dan will do the welding as usual, I'll do the rest but it won't be any time soon I'm in the middle of three builds right now.
Interesting statements. So are you going to build it or not build it? Is Dan going to build it for you? I don't get it. Personally, I would like to see someone build one, as it is a really cool boardie.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I will do whatever I am capable of doing during the fabrication and fitting process of this particular build, bend, cut, design, mechanics, whatever ?? and for the fifty billionth time Pat "I DON"T KNOW HOW TO WELD! " I am learning the welding thing little by little though between my Son and Dan I can at least tack, that ought to count for something Ha! Ha! Ha! surprising to some but many other people don't know how to weld either but that doesn't make them any less a builder or less capable of a build, You said
"You don't get it" don't try to figure it out Pat just except it (LOL!)

Yes it is a REALLY COOL! styled bike and another forum member has done something along those style lines as well and it's cool too! with a 212cc & CVT running through the crank tube instead of jack shaft COOL!

Dan and I have talked about doing a build like this for a long time and as soon as we both get some things done and out of the way we will start, yes it will be my bike and NOT! a bike for profit, sale or trade.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I don't know ? maybe some one has some knowledge? might be first Hybrid ?
Mr. B could probably shed some light on it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I will do whatever I am capable of doing during the fabrication and fitting process of this particular build, bend, cut, design, mechanics, whatever ?? and for the fifty billionth time Pat "I DON"T KNOW HOW TO WELD! " I am learning the welding thing little by little though between my Son and Dan I can at least tack, that ought to count for something Ha! Ha! Ha! surprising to some but many other people don't know how to weld either but that doesn't make them any less a builder or less capable of a build, You said
"You don't get it" don't try to figure it out Pat just except it (LOL!)

Yes it is a REALLY COOL! styled bike and another forum member has done something along those style lines as well and it's cool too! with a 212cc & CVT running through the crank tube instead of jack shaft COOL!

Dan and I have talked about doing a build like this for a long time and as soon as we both get some things done and out of the way we will start, yes it will be my bike and NOT! a bike for profit, sale or trade.
Hey truckd. Got a link to this Pea Shooter thread? Whered ya find it?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Taken the Redskin and my truck to the Thunder on the Mountain Car and Motorcycle show in Tehachapi Ca. going to put both in, I worked a restore job on a house that this truck was stored in the Garage for a little over 17 yrs. it was a $1,000.oo partial payment for the job,the owner had the 1st car dealership in the Antelope Valley (Ca.) and was 103 when he died and then the truck went into the garage early part of 1994,never driven again till I bought it, when I pulled it out of the garage it had 39,999/9 I've had it for 2 yrs. and we are about to turn the odometer to 50,000/0 only 10K and she runs like a top.
The Indian will sit in the dent free bed of the truck and since there was no category for this year or type of bike I couldn't enter it so just the truck was registered.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are a couple of pic's of the Redskin at the car show yesterday, the response to the bike was non stop all day long.
Dads 52 Ford Custom Conv. and an El Camino that won Best Resto and 1st overall, the cars owner passed at 4;00am yesterday morn and his best friend took the car to the show, 15 miles on resto and owner got to drive it once last wed after getting it back on Mon.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The response to the Redskin was so overwhelming I didn't have much of an opportunity to take pic's of anything, the pic's you see were taken at about 5:30 am I was the only one there with a bike of any kind. the class my truck and eight other vehicles were entered in wasn't even on the Judge's voter ballet so no one placed in that category and kind of odd when the judges passed through to judge they didn't even catch it, we were a little upset and asked for a refund of registration fee's and the fuel cost to get the vehicles to the show, some came from Palmdale, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, California City Exc. Exc. Exc. so the committee will revue and get back to us with a decision.
YHA! RIGHT!

Yes story about the owner of the Elco was a sad one and no one saw it coming, Massive Heart Attack in his sleep and only got to drive it once, over $55.000.oo in resto he owned the car from dealer to death did he part and a Calif. car all the way.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Got the response back from the car show about our class registration not being on the judges voter ballet and they will refund our entry fee's but not gas and or travel expense we get a certificate of participation but that's all.

Kinda Sucks!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Sucks about the show man, I guess there weren't enough entries to justify a new class?

Oh, the thing about welding... practice! :p Practice on whatever scrap is handy, play with voltage and wire feed settings to get an idea of what does what. Keep the tip around 45* and pull away from the bead puddle. Either zig-zag or make "U"'s in the puddle, but keep the puddle moving, its easy to blow through thin material(as you've probably figured out). There's lots of beginner tutorials on YouTube you can check out too, just search "welding tutorial"

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
There were 8 enrties in my class the only class for trucks 50' and up non modified stock
all registration due 45 days before event (plan for how many street closers) late entries extra fees, they just forgot to include the class on the judges voter ballet and they admitted to the mistake, got the registration fee's back though.

Will practice more welding when I get back out to Dans.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I thought I'd Bump this thread back to life and show off some of the riding gear I received today, an early Birthday gift to myself.

Authentic WWI Military Equestrian riding pants and some reproduction Timberland Military lace up Equestrian boots, attire worn for Racing & Riding Bikes before and after WWI.

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Hey wow those pants and boots are seriously ace. Being an old fashioned girl myself I've always had an eye for authentic early 20th century motorcycling clothing.

Dressed like that you've already won the race.

(Oh yes and I really like your tribute Indian too)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! I.W.
That's a Taylar Indian I built as a 1911 BTR tribute, had lots of fun with this one Black is a fun build too.

My Brother bought me the Pants and I just got the boots today, all Leather & tad bit tight but I believe they'll loosen up perfectly they both ( pants & boots)are Very comfortable otherwise now I have to keep my eyes open for an Ivory or ox-blood red sweater, my wife is not only a nurse but a wonderful seamstress too so I think I'll have her make me a vintage collarless long sleeve shirt for summer riding.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
look´ín pretty dapper there truckd!!!

always nice to put a face to an active poster

maybe a store bought/thrift shop find tuxedo shirt will save your wife some time to spend with you and not the sewing machine

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Looks great! I picked up a pair of WWII motorcycle pants for a song a while back off of good ol eBay, just happened they were the correct size :)