best motor application on the tight worksman frame

GoldenMotor.com

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
here"s an old style worksman frame with a dax china motor bolted right up with no weld mounts required.. half of the fun with these is figuring out how to make things fit right and chain alignment has everything to do with it.. this bike hits 45 mpg no problem..good luck !!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you're not too far from Venice Beach then talk to Norm at Venice Motor Bikes, he may be able to do something for you with supplying a motor, & with mounts, he's an absolutely great guy to deal with; I bought my wheelset from him

Yup... Norm is your best bet. Ive dealt with him, great stand up guy. Give him time, or try again. I know he is busy building bikes.

HollywoodHooligan

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
here"s an old style worksman frame with a dax china motor bolted right up with no weld mounts required.. half of the fun with these is figuring out how to make things fit right and chain alignment has everything to do with it.. this bike hits 45 mpg no problem..good luck !!
wow thatd a great lookin bike can i see some more pix? im curious about a few parts im seeing

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO

I looked at motorcycle seat pans and decided they were just too big for this bike so I took a piece of 18 guage steel, cut out a shape, bent it with the ole"vise and hammer.. covered it with closed cell 1 inch pad and then riveted and hand sewed deerskin . It was a fun learning experience..lastly spray on waterproofing.. I tried 3,4,and 5 inch springs under this seat and the softest ride for my stuff ended up with 3 inch springs..

HollywoodHooligan

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles

I looked at motorcycle seat pans and decided they were just too big for this bike so I took a piece of 18 guage steel, cut out a shape, bent it with the ole"vise and hammer.. covered it with closed cell 1 inch pad and then riveted and hand sewed deerskin . It was a fun learning experience..lastly spray on waterproofing.. I tried 3,4,and 5 inch springs under this seat and the softest ride for my stuff ended up with 3 inch springs..
how is it attached to the frame? the seat that is...also is that a sportsman tank?

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO

the seat is attached only at the pivot which is a piece of tubing welded to the frame. some brass bushings inserted into the tubing and a bolt running through it allows for up and down motion. It is held on the seat by a piece of cut square stock and bolted to the seat.. attaching bolts run before upolstering of course.. seat rides on 3 inch springs and really takes the whipping out of the ride.
the tank is my first try at a home made.. i started with a piece of 4x6 wood to make a mock up and when i was sure it would fit , duplicated the piece sizes with 18 guage weld steel..I cut, hammered , welded and sealed it. painted it up did some 22 carat gold leaf lettering and walla !!
Now I'm tired of the squarish design and am about to have a Pope style tank built for me by someone with REAL talents.. then I'll consider this bike done..
next one is already in the works..this stuff is addictive !!