[B]First Mel´s Cruiser Running[/B]

GoldenMotor.com

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Hi Everybody:

I´m glad to become part of this MotorBike enthusiast forums, and thank you very much for all the useful information about this hobby.

I´d like to show my first motorbike built: It´s an old Cruiser. The frame it´s a Micargi or similar.

I found the frame junked in an old bicycle shop in Guaymas, Mexico, by the Sea of Cortes. It was all rusted and I paid 30 dls for the frame only, including the handle bar.

I sanded and painted the frame with the original black paint, and expended about 200 dls in all new parts; 26" rims, tubes and round tires, new brakes, low rider seat, new pedals, chain and sprocket.

Two weeks ago I installed a new 80 cc :confused: engine, and it took me all day to finish the installation. I broke in the engine with a mix of 24:1 the first two tanks of fuel, and now I keep it running with a 20:1 mix and it rides just fine.

The following weeks I´ll work on the engine to improve performance; change the carburetor needle and the chain tensor.

I´m also planning to build another 3 or 5 motor bykes for some friends in town.

Thanks again and good luck to you all.

rmfla

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
SWEET !.......awesome build....and I also like the Banana seat ....makes for much better comfort while cruising.....that front basket will come in handy while going to the store for a case of Corona !

Laters,
Salty

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
Awesome bike! Totally digging the seat and i love the frame, too. welcome to the site i've been here for a little over a week now and the people are great as well as the info you will find here :)