Attention speed freaks!!!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Bert Rod down in Miami Florida is now making cast iron sleeved chinadoll cylinders.
This is a GREAT upgrade for those of you wishing for a more durable and forgiving top end for performance builds.
Contact Bert Rod through his facebook page for pricing, availability and ordering details.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008253252482

While I have not personally seen one of his jugs, I have long been waiting for this part to appear. It is the very next performance part I will own when finances allow.
The durability alone is worth a look, much less the potential for better porting allowed by the more durable jug.
*Cackles madly rubbing hands together and drooling*dance1dance1dance1

Mods feel free to move this if it belongs in swap&shop. I posted it before I thought about it in my excitement!

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Nice! I drew up an iron jug with aluminum fins and copper spacers 5 years ago but never got around to making it, as I decided to move to 4-stroke.

I've long felt that the original chinagirl jug is a piece of crap, made worse by the inconsistency of chinese production.
Looking forward to seeing results from anybody who gets one! I might have to build a chinagirl bike again! :D

Bert Rod down in Miami Florida is now making cast iron sleeved chinadoll cylinders.
This is a GREAT upgrade for those of you wishing for a more durable and forgiving top end for performance builds.
Contact Bert Rod through his facebook page for pricing, availability and ordering details.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008253252482
this will set you back 275.00 us dollars for a stock 47mm bore........
Straight from his page.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Speed cost money. How fast do you wanna go?
The price is high because it's custom hand work by a talented machinist.
But I guarantee one of these jugs will outlast fifteen or twenty Chinese plated jugs....
For me, it's more about the durability than the speed potential.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Can't personally see my self going through 10 barrels on a CG motor.
But can also see how the hours start to add up when handcrafting something, this is probably a similar price to what you may have to pay for a high quality barrel for a motor cycle? so fair enough. But it's not on my shopping list.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Aside from the jug, the other weak point as I see it is the wrist pin. Already assuming all studs and bolts are upgraded tho. Between a good-quality jug, bulletproof wrist pin, all ports matching, all fasteners replaced with high quality, a chinagirl just might be made reliable for the long run! :D

Sure would like to see it. Seen wayyy too many fall apart over the years to be anything but jaded.