Anyone used this Expansion Chamber on a 2 smoker China Girl Motor

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Questions for the 2 smoker exhaust pro's here please.......!

I bought this Expansion Chamber for one of my bike build projects and I'm just wondering if anyone else has used this particular chamber before and if so would anyone recommend that I try to mount it with the lead off pipe from the engine as short as possible or should I set it up with maybe 14 -16 inches of pipe before exhaust flows into the chamber......?

Just not for sure which is the best way to set up the expansion chamber on one of these engines, I've seen some with the exhaust dumping into the chamber quick and I've seen them with a good bit of tubing between engine and chamber.

Which is best for all around performance?

Thanks in advance for any & all of the suggestions given

Peace

Attachments

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Re: Anyone used this Expansion Chamber on a 2 smoker China Girl

I personally have never used an EC before my last build and I got mine from Sick Bike Parts. Probably the best upgrade I've ever made to any build.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Anyone used this Expansion Chamber on a 2 smoker China Girl

Thanks dag,

I'm a little concerned about this one because of the zig zag shape and I'm unsure of the purpose for it, I know it's for a pocket bike, and the claim is that it is a very good design that adds noticable power compared to the standard straight chamber type but it seems like the zig zag design might actually hinder the sound waves from returning back to the exhaust port fairly quick as they will not be traveling in a straight line but will be having to bounce around those curves in the pipe.

Anyone who has any knowledge on weather this design is actually good or bad please ring in and give me some details before I go to the trouble of building a set up for it on my bike.

Thanks