anyone looking for a brand new kit?

GoldenMotor.com

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
eh, I ended up buying one (debit cards down 135) and accidently overclicking and "purchasing without paying" for an additional one so i don't know how to get rid of the second one i did not want right away, it says that it's an "item i still need to pay for" does anyone know how to remove it?
You should've submitted an offer, that would've saved you a few bucks. Contact ebay about the other one, tell them you accidentally double clicked

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I got in contact with the seller, he tells me he had a friend go out of business, and the price is marked down like that to hurry up and move the kits. Sounds legit to me. I wished his friend the best and purchased the second one.

Fingers crossed for the 2012 skyhawk kits!!

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
nah, waiting on it still. Will report back when i get it. should be here by like next thursday according to the thingie. but hey, free shipping

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I just got two kits in the mail today. Ive only opened one so far. I'm saving the second opening for when I get the video camera. I'm going to go ahead and youtube the unboxing for you guys.

First impressions of the kits. The one I have open right now was manufactured 4-15-2012 (so close!) the aluminum casting isn't so pretty but there are no dents or anything in the fins. The clutch was stuck out of the box and upon removing the clutch cover I found that one of the bolts had been cross threaded from the factory, but it's just a cover and I've actually ran a bike without one for looks, so I guess it's not that critical. Also, the chain appears to be different. The chain that came with my first grubee skyhawk kit (Manufactured 11-20-2012) was physically bigger but it still fit on the same sprocket. I've heard people talk about 415 and 415 HD and BMX chains so I don't really know whats going on with that but the chain does appear to be of a higher quality although not as large. The gas tank came with a ding in it, and the black chain guard has a serious dent in it but I would never use that sissy guard anyway. finally the first kit I opened has all the same extra parts I expected; extra spark plug, spark plug cap, exhaust gasket, petcock. The air filter is nicer on this one. Also I opened up the jug. It's already really shiny inside, so i think I have a winner.

Video of opening coming soon.

Last edited:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
cool, mine didn't have any dents and even if the tank was dented I wouldn't be too worried, I'll probably fab my own for this build. How much was yours?

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I opened the other one already, the video is uploading. the other tank had no dents. I was going to fab one of the tanks up anyway like biknuts.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
The engines look good but no offense I would not call these high quality. They came with stuck clutches and broken parts which kind of counteracts the high points.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
if im not mistaken, most kits come from the same factory, different vendors buy them (some take them apart and clean em) other just sell em as is. Skyhawks, from what I understand, are good quality, hence why I bought 1, plus the price was too good to pass up. the fact that some parts may have been broken is most likely due to shipping and handling.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hastely rushed production at the factory is partly to blame for a lot of thing's too,
like unbalanced cranks, bent connecting rods and bearing races, poorly cast cylinders, old milling machines contribute to a malfunctioning engine, rolled bolt threads instead of cut threading, low grade steel and aluminum, basically in China all you need to assemble an engine is a pair of pliers, hammer, screw driver, the torque on some of the heads of the engines I've re-build have been 20 ft lbs some you could untighten with yer fingers.

Some are better than others I have found that the PK 69.5/80 cc and Dax engines are the BEST! and require the least amount of work, re-engineering and or mods in my opinion Grubee is in the mid range with quality declining in the past 2-3 Yrs. you either get a good one or a crappy one, better know vendors in the United States have required that the producers of engines build and ship a better product and slowly the Chinese MFG's are getting the point.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
if im not mistaken, most kits come from the same factory, different vendors buy them (some take them apart and clean em) other just sell em as is. Skyhawks, from what I understand, are good quality, hence why I bought 1, plus the price was too good to pass up. the fact that some parts may have been broken is most likely due to shipping and handling.

I've heard the same thing about the Skyhawks. I believe there are some vendors out there that want to pass on the best possible product. I may be all wet though. As far as I am concerned It's kind of like once forgive you and twice forgive me in respect of ordering from a company..