Anybody in western washigton want to buy a motorized mountain bike?

GoldenMotor.com

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Anybody in western washigton or anywhere else want to buy a motorized mountain bike?

IF YOU LIVE IN WESTERN WASHINGTON THIS BIKE IS WORTH CHECKING OUT !!

$400 S O L D

Details of the bike are under the "Mountain and road bike" section under the thread "29r genisis almost done". The bike runs great and i have extra parts, like a, sprocket,carburator, Thumb clutch, exhaust pipe ect..
I have alot of work and time in the bike. The problem is i dont have a drivers license(its not suspended) i am visually disabled just enough to not pass the test. The local cops wont let me ride it because i dont have a license. So am selling it. Im in the Port Angeles area of Washigton and if you are interested and would like to check it out PM me. Any serious offers would be considered.
Thanks
Sorry the info is not in this thread but it wont let you post the same pics twice and everything i have done to it is detailed.
I am one bummed rider:(

I would also through in a extra carb(same thats on the bike now) a 44t sprocket, another brand new thumb clutch and cable, the stock chrome exhaust and a extra brand new stockCDI

Everything comes out to well over $1000 and that wouldnt even include the spipping costs from all the vendors to get all the upgraded parts.
Piston bikes Silver jet 66cc motor (only has less than 50 miles on it)
Manic m head
Tapped billit intake and a dual tapped steel intake
Grade 8 head studs
Socket head cap bolts
Jaguar cdi
JNM sound dampeners
Chrome covers
Dellorto clone carb (also have 1 spare )
Dual alum boost bottles
Cnc pitbike throttle
Push button clutch (also have 1 brand new w/cable)
DID chain 415ER
Mm hub adapter (fits the grubee hd hub)
40 and 44 t sprocket (MM sprokets)
Chrome tank
Sbp valve
Heavy duty double leg kickstand

Click here to check out the bike:
http://motorbicycling.com/f42/29r-genisis-almost-done-34580.html

Anybody want to make a serious offer??

Last edited:

KronicSkater

Dec 18, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Hola! I am very interested in setting up a motorized bike. I live a bit away from you in Tacoma actually. I was thinking of going with a cruiser style bike but am still unsure. I was thinking of building one but I don't have much experience with them yet and am kind of inpatient and want to get on in a hurry! haha Been looking on craigslist and whatnot but not very much in the area listed on there. Is your beautiful bike still for sale?

Ratchetbirds

Jun 12, 2011
Eastern Wash.
Hello Rich and sorry to hear of your police problems. Sad fact is that if the bike is 49cc or smaller, has no shifting capabilities, and has pedals, I didn't think you had to have a liscense. Also no night riding, but I never saw anything about needing a drivers liscense. I checked the Washington laws heavily since I ride here too, but that is not right that a misinformed officer can give you crap for this. If money was no object a good lawyer could help you with all this and I bet you could ride. The cops on my side of the state are always wanting to see my bike just out of curiosity. Never once have they asked to see my liscense. You could always move <G>. Electric bikes are exactly the same as under 50cc gas bikes as well, no liscense. Worth looking into. I hate to see you lose your bike. I would cry if I couldn't ride.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
The cops here in Port Angeles suck, The cop told me i can get an electric and i would have no problem with them. So i did , you could check it out under the electric threads (highpower cycle 104 ebike) its actually faster than this gas bike but financially it broke my ass. Its just stupid that good ebikes have to be so expensive.

Ratchetbirds

Jun 12, 2011
Eastern Wash.
They are expensive. Why I went gas. I don't know what I would do if in your shoes. Part of me dreams of the good fight, getting the copy of the law, reading it back and forth, then letting them ticket me and take my bike. Then go to court with the state law in hand and rub their noses in it. The other part of me craves a low profile if at all possible. I just don't know and wish only the best for you in any way you procede.

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.
They are expensive. Why I went gas. I don't know what I would do if in your shoes. Part of me dreams of the good fight, getting the copy of the law, reading it back and forth, then letting them ticket me and take my bike. Then go to court with the state law in hand and rub their noses in it. The other part of me craves a low profile if at all possible. I just don't know and wish only the best for you in any way you procede.
This brings up a good point. We that enjoy this hobby, hobby to me anyway, need to know exactly what the law is in the areas we operate these MaB's. There are possibly two laws that the rider would be prudent to be well versed in or at least, understand. One at the state level and one in the municipal level.

They probably differ a bit from each other but we all need to understand the intent of the ordinances, codes, and their reach. Being well informed will insure your rights are not infringed upon and that everyone can live harmoniously. And please note, many police officers have no idea what their local ordinances dictate, let alone what the state law says.

So I can honestly say that if I am riding my MaB, follow all traffic rules for bicycles and motor vehicles, go no faster than 25mph, I'm within my rights to enjoy my hobby. The police can pound sand. ;-)

Here is my state law: Indiana Code 9-21-11

Here is my County law (echoes the state): BICYCLE, MOPED AND ATV LAWS

This is the local ordinance from my municipality: "MOTORIZED BICYCLE." A two or three wheeled vehicle that is propelled by an internal combustion engine or a battery powered motor, and if powered by an internal combustion engine, has the following:

(1) An engine rating of not more than two horsepower and a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50 cubic centimeters.

(2) An automatic transmission.

(3) A maximum design speed of not more than 25 miles per hour on a flat surface.

It's interesting to note that a trail states 'No Motor Vehicles'. My MaB is not a motor vehicle... under definitions. "MOTOR VEHICLE." Every vehicle, except a motorcycle or motorized bicycle, which is self- propelled.

Anywho, obviously the point is... follow the law, know the law and that way your rights will not be infringed upon. Most importantly, many officers don't know the law themselves. Educate them if you can.

In your case, not having a drivers license very well is the stopper, but look it up.

Last edited:

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
OMG, this thing is super cheap. Well worth the money. Iam broke if not that would have been a great deal.
Sorry to hear about your lost. It hard to get people to spend money when everyone is broke or the little funds they got have to go bills and taxs. Good luck

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Ya , i dont think there would be much intrest during the winter but im just putting it out there. Winter though is a time to get things cheap though. Summer outdoor toys get expensive during summer..

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i would take this lot for $400.. but im in PA... and it would be like $150ish to ship. and i really dont need another bike.

have you thought about parting it out?? you could ship parts easy. and make more then $400 still selling everything at a good price. just something to think about if nobody in your area takes you up on one **** of a deal.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Ya, ive thought about parting it out , but im going to give it till the first month of summer. It would be ashame to take it apart- ive spent to much time putting it together.
:(
The worst part is my local police in my town will not allow them but in the next town over 20 miles away from what another member has told me after a talk with that police dept. is they are allowing them there. Its like WTF

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
the cops here are weird about them. iv been stopped and told i cant ride. but then again i keep riding and most of them dont seem to care??? my trick is to not ride in town if i can help it.. lots of dirt roads around here. and state copes have better things to do. well id like to think so anyway.lol

well good luck selling.. it really is a great deal. i spent $400 on my bike alone brand new.. and most people selling MBs are using the stock setup on a $150 bike and selling them for $600. your motor and the bike alone are worth close to $400 id think.. the high comp head and the CDI new is another $150

its crazy someone has not picked this up yet. if you still have it by the summer and start to part it out, let me know.