any feedback on this kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum cotton ball

I have never used a four-stroke or gasbike.net so I have no feedback for you.

Hopefully someone will.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
That same kit is sold many places. The engine is sound. The gearbox is problematic. The gears are weak, the gearbox is loud and it has a tendency to shear keys.

However, do a search about rebuilding the Hoot (that gearbox is known as the "Hoot"). Not all Hoots are bad, it just seems like they are hit and miss...and more miss than the Grubee gearbox, which has it;s own set of issues, but is generally better.

cottonball

Feb 26, 2009
Colorado Springs
Well if my hoot is a miss, do you suggest me swaping out the gear box or rebuilding it? Also are there any tips on prolonging the life of a gear box?

I think I read somewhere on this forum that people pack it with grease. Doesn't that get very dirty and how do you keep the grease in there? Thanks in advance.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
If they were good, I would be selling them. And.. If you go to my site.. You will see.. I do not sell them.. Reason being, the gear box design is awful, Noisy and unreliable. There are several companies that do knock offs of this gear box. And.. As you would expect.. Also not good.

cottonball

Feb 26, 2009
Colorado Springs
Could I just buy a different brand gear box in the future and mount it onto my future bike? Or is it difficult to do that?

Btw I'm sure you can tell I'm completely new to this. I've done lots of reading on this site and it has been very useful.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
You could if available in the future. Not sure why you would want to do that. I have new type gear box I am engineering for the TITAN IF or In Frame 4 stroke. Expect it to be completed in the next 9 months. It is a proven reliable and silent delivery system and will also have an optional shift kit to allow you to shift gears using the bicycles derailleur system. It is sweet for sure. I expect to have the testing, copyrights and patents finished or pending by the time they go on sale. No firm pricing as of yet, but they will be in the 250-350usd price range and the optional shifter kits applicable to the TITAN IF will be 75-99usd. We will see. So.. For those that want the Titan IF and optional shifter kits for them ... Well..... You will still have to wait another 9 months or so. I will not sell them until it is right. As with all DAX products, when it goes for sale.. IT is a superior product at a much lower price. The Quality goes in before our name goes on. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

cottonball

Feb 26, 2009
Colorado Springs
I've looked and several places and have yet to find a good walkthrough on rebuilding the hoop gear box. I am just trying to get everything lined up for if / when it breaks. So if anyone has seen one please link it. Thanks in advance.

To thatsdax:
Not trying to be rude, but you didn't answer my question and just used your post to advertise you future item, please stay on topic. Thanks.

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Cottonball, Just use the Titan 50 and a TAV2 torgue convertor. It will be an awesome setup. Just need to sleeve the 5/8 shaft up to 3/4".shft..shft.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Could I just buy a different brand gear box in the future and mount it onto my future bike? Or is it difficult to do that?

Btw I'm sure you can tell I'm completely new to this. I've done lots of reading on this site and it has been very useful.
What kind of a question is that? Can you buy a gearbox in the FUTURE to put on a FUTURE bike? First if you would read the answer thatsdax gave-he was telling you what he's going to have in the FUTURE. I can tell you this your FUTURE on this forum is not going to be good unless you lose the attitude and quit telling people & sponsors to stay on topic in your fourth post, Walter F.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Just trying to help you and others searching for a decent IF 4 stroke kit. If you can wait that is.. O well.. I was just trying to help you. Bye.....