Any advice on assembling disc brakes on BBR Tuning wheels?

GoldenMotor.com

SoughtAnarchy

Oct 17, 2020
Texas, USA
I recently bought these wheels and someone on here told me I should go for disc brakes instead of rims brakes. I have a standard cruiser set up with this engine on it. Any advice from y'all would be great. Mainly trying to see what I'll need to buy to assemble it (i.e. the disc brake set, any adapters, brake mount, etc).

Attachments

May 22, 2020
I recently bought these wheels and someone on here told me I should go for disc brakes instead of rims brakes. I have a standard cruiser set up with this engine on it. Any advice from y'all would be great. Mainly trying to see what I'll need to buy to assemble it (i.e. the disc brake set, any adapters, brake mount, etc).
Th good news is the disc will bolt right onto the wheel, the "bad" news is you are going to have to do a little work to set it up. I have a very similar bike to the that and at least for the front, you can get an adapter that bolts on and any disc brake kit. I'm not as sure about the rear as I ended up welding the bracket to the right rear and the pedals are non-functional.
Here's what I used: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Art-Adj...ords=disc+brake+adapter&qid=1605946318&sr=8-5

Reactions: SoughtAnarchy

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
For the front I ordered a front fork that already had the caliper bracket welded to it, for the rear I’m trying to convince a friend to make a caliper bracket and weld it to the frame.

Reactions: SoughtAnarchy