All I want for Christmas...

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!!

All I want for Christmas is for one of our "super mods" to change the topic from"Coaster brake mod..." to something else in Classic Instructions, I trip over that thing every morning, Thanks Walter F.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm sorry Walter...my super powers are not quite that far reaching...you may have to go to the top for this one.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!!

All I want for Christmas is for one of our "super mods" to change the topic from"Coaster brake mod..." to something else in Classic Instructions, I trip over that thing every morning, Thanks Walter F.
what would you like me to change it to walter? or you want it removed completely? not sure of your request but i would be more then happy to take care of it. happy holidays my freind

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
In the Classic Instructions there is a "How to links.." maybe put that up and help newbies get started-Hey Boss I don't care just somthin' different! Walter F.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Could you or somebody good at computer stuff make a new post and make like a table of contents of all the problems that a newbie will go thru during a first build. This would give them a place to go when they ask the same questions over and over." I broke a mount stud", ""my chain tensioner wont stay""My motor won't start" ect, ect. Guys we are growing and every new member has the same problems.

Then post a new thread to replace "Coaster Brake Dust cap blah"?? Can we do it? can we do it? YES WE CAN!!! Walter F.

SBbiker

Dec 23, 2008
Califorinia
Could you or somebody good at computer stuff make a new post and make like a table of contents of all the problems that a newbie will go thru during a first build. This would give them a place to go when they ask the same questions over and over." I broke a mount stud", ""my chain tensioner wont stay""My motor won't start" ect, ect. Guys we are growing and every new member has the same problems.

Then post a new thread to replace "Coaster Brake Dust cap blah"?? Can we do it? can we do it? YES WE CAN!!! Walter F.
Hello bikers, I am the newbie first time builder that walter is refering to and I must say, Walter your comment is spot on. I understand it would be a daunting task to categorize the forums posts but it would be exteremely helpful in assisting "would be" buyers and first time builders such as myself. I personally, have spent the better part of the holidays (literally the past three days but its been fun) sifting through the posts that pertain to my problems. I've also noticed a lot of threads directing fellow MB bikers to the correct posts, maybe Walter's suggestion could cut down on frivolous posts such as these. Thanks and hope to see you on the road!

SBbiker

Dec 23, 2008
Califorinia
I sympathize with you BikeGuyJoe... and like I said, I'm still in the middle of my first build so who am I to say but rather I was just agreeing with Walter's comment. I'm down to help but where to begin? Categorizing the parts, their particular problems, and how to fix them?

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Hey I'm just the "Idea Man", but here's an idea: Think like a first timer the first thing they should be concerned with is mounting the rear sprocket!! I say this because this in my opinion is where chain, vibration, and other problems BEGIN and when they first start they are most likely to take the time and do it right-not after fighting Mounting The Engine which is next in table of contents and so on and so forth.

Table of Contents

1. Mounting rear sprocket (list all posts on mounting rear sprocket)

2. Mounting engine (list all relevant posts on engine mounting)

It would kinda be like the instruction manual nobody gets with their kit.

Also if we could get an exploded view of the China Girl engine with part numbers then we would be all on the same page when trying to help or explaining a problem - " Has any body got a spare #67G Kniveling Pin?"

Help me out boys & girls PUUUUULLLLL!!! Walter F.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Look what I found-posted on Mar 14th this year

It is in Classic Instructions... posted by mario scollo titled - "NTJL 2 - Stroke bicycle engine manual" An exploded view of the China Girl engine with part numbers. Come on everybody, what was the hardest part of your first build and how did you solve it? Did you find the answer here? Walter F.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
To add in my two cents i found the site using simple Google searches for specific problems after coming to the same site i stayed and looked around then joined but a categorized troubleshooting section would be ideal especially for first timers.