Advice? Some Great 4 Stroke Engines?

GoldenMotor.com

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Greetings!

I'm looking to build a new bike, this time with a 4 stroke engine.

I've looked around a bit and I've been trying to read up and familiarize myself with the options available to me, but I was hoping I could get some advice from a few folks here who have already built their bikes.

What are some great engines you'd recommend?

I'm honestly looking for reliability, but the ability to go 30-35+ mph would be great too. I don't intend on going that fast all the time. I built a 2 stroke that I don't often floor it on, I just like to have speed and power when I need it.

In Frame mount preferred and hopefully I can keep the price under 500 dollars.

So any suggestions?

Drago

Sep 27, 2012
Rockies
No greatest 4 strokes, the most cost effective are. HS 49cc, HS38cc, Honda 35cc/49cc, Subaru 35cc, 2 stroke tanakas etc, in my opinion.

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
I just built my first motorized bike with a HS 142f 49cc. I have just under 100 miles on it and it's getting stronger and stronger as it's breaking in. These are air cooled motor's with no oil filter so change engine oil often. I did my first at 10 miles, then 30, then 60. I will change again at 120 miles and go to Royal Purple Synthetic 10-40. Oil is cheap and the life blood of any motor....x10 in an air cooled non-filtered engine. Good luck on your project!