advanced carb from spookytooth

GoldenMotor.com

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Ok I bought the Carb from spookytooth, and they said slap it on and your good.

It didnt go so well. I had to cut the space where I can tighten the screw to keep it secured to the intake manifold. Then I ended up cutting to much and it cracked, then I realized there are little spacers to fit the intake. and there are a few of them.

:-||

Why dont they give a little detail with these things in the shipping? I understand they expect us to have a little know how but if that were the case in America then coffee cups wouldnt say "caution contents may be hot".

I also couldnt find a post on it so I will post this so some people will know that the carb comes with spacers somewhere in the package. Also you may have to cut the space out so you can tighten the carb around the intake manifold.

Tomorrow I will post the pics of what I am talking about, and before you say "hey idiot check this thread!" I searched for a thread and couldnt find one on how to install the advanced/ performance carb

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/co...age=vmj_ace.tpl&product_id=415&category_id=93

Second picture where it shows it mounted on the bike. If you put your mouse OVER THE NUT, Thats the part that cracked off after I decided to cut it with a rotary tool. Can I JB Weld it back on?

It happened after I rode the bike though about 30 seconds and it cracked.
Also the throttle is stuck at full for some reason am I supposed to use the throttle cable it comes with?
I tried taking the cyclinder thing in the carb out to put my old carb on for now and its stuck in there I tried pulling it out of the carb but she wont budge even when I took the carb off the bike.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I dont have any experience with that carb, so I have no idea. I asked you to provide a link so that someone who does have experience with it can help you.