A new kind of Bio-Diesel, just add water.

GoldenMotor.com

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
yeah i saw this on yahoo, wondering how well it will actually work, according to the article if i understood it correctly, the fuel ends up mixed with water at collection, then they have to extract it from the mix.

at that point it mite become less efficient then drilling for oil, but it still would have 1 huge advantage, being renewable.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Chia plants, fuel from your window sill,I think it may work,have hope and better yet faith

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Its not a fully proven technology and we'll know more about it once it goes to a larger scale. I've got my fingers crossed and hope this works. If it does and is as cheap as they say it is, you'll be crossing over to the dark side and be driving a diesel :) My wife and I will never go back to gas after owning diesels. Her's is a smooth and quiet 3.0 Mercedes diesel that is quieter than most gassers from inside the vehicle with over 400 ft-lbs of torque off idle and no black exhaust (diesel particulate filter traps all the crap) and mine is a loud and not so refined 2.8L VM motori diesel that has about 323 ft-lbs torque from a tiny 4 banger that gets 28mpg in a 4000lb SUV with aerodynamics of a brick.