90's Diamondback Accent

GoldenMotor.com

G3R0N1M0

Jun 19, 2014
Porterville, Ca
This is my first build.It is a 26" Diamondback Accent with a 66cc Dax(older model i don't think he sales them any more in fact i know he don't). My pops bought this motor for $100 from some guy in northern California. It came already mounted to a bike in which i didn't like so i put it on this one which i like lots more. The motor came with every thing stock. So first thing i did (after it was mounted) is bought a carb from dax. Still more to come (upgrades) ill keep yall posted on the current events of the little mtb that could. Leave your comments and thoughts or ideas of what i could do next please
.duh. dnut

Last edited:

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
A new muffler, and a slant head. I have a higher compression slant head I'll send ya for ten bucks if you are interested.

G3R0N1M0

Jun 19, 2014
Porterville, Ca
Ok ok i was going to buy that but decided to go with the fat cat expansion chamber. Yes I know they are very loud but I am going to go to a buddy and see if he can help me weld a muffler or silencer on the end of it .

G3R0N1M0

Jun 19, 2014
Porterville, Ca
This is my first build.It is a 26" Diamondback Accent with a 66cc Dax(older model i don't think he sales them any more in fact i know he don't). My pops bought this motor for $100 from some guy in northern California. It came already mounted to a bike in which i didn't like so i put it on this one which i like lots more. The motor came with every thing stock. So first thing i did (after it was mounted) is bought a carb from dax. Still more to come (upgrades) ill keep yall posted on the current events of the little mtb that could. Leave your comments and thoughts or ideas of what i could do next please
.duh. dnut
also did anyone notice the rear running light ??

G3R0N1M0

Jun 19, 2014
Porterville, Ca
How fast did it go with the original NT carb?

What size jet do you have in the Dellorto clone flat slide you have on there now?
i never tryed the nt since the motor sat for like 2 years befor i got it i figured i mine as well get a new carb and i have the .75 jet in. but maybe i will try the nt but i heard the choke has a mind of its own

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i never tryed the nt since the motor sat for like 2 years befor i got it i figured i mine as well get a new carb and i have the .75 jet in. but maybe i will try the nt but i heard the choke has a mind of its own
Changing your carb back to the NTis a simple task that would help you figure out why you are only going 23mph.
Is the 75 jet marked or is it the jet the carb came with which is usually a 70?

Your bike is slow because the jet is too big.
Try a 66.

Nothing wrong with the NT carbs choke that keeping the pivot nut tight won't fix.
slow nut is abut right