72V 100A 60Ah 4.3kWh 10s24p 200lbs.....

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That 10S 3 lb brick of Zippys has a 25C discharge rating which = 100A (continuous). That Zippy and 10 cells of those CALB batteries are nearly identical in every specification under the sun, except for 10 CALB cells weigh 10X more, cause they have 10X the Ah. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That's what I came up with too.
I will have my 100A as it is nothing for either one of those battery types to continually discharge. LiPo's are a lot more dangerous and could burn your house to the ground if they wanted to. LiFePo4 are heavier but are also much safer, cheaper, and easier to wire up.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
LiPo's are a lot more dangerous and could burn your house to the ground if they wanted to. LiFePo4 are heavier but are also much safer, cheaper, and easier to wire up.
And this is the reason I went with lifepo4.
My Mrs is already paranoid because her house burnt down when she was a child and recently a neighbor burnt down his garage from charging a motorcycle battery.
So there's no need for me to add anymore stress to her...it's bad enough trying to leave the house to run errands. It takes her about ten extra minutes to leave because she checks the stove and outlets 4xs before I can put the car in drive! "EVERYTIME" Haha

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
And this is the reason I went with lifepo4.
My Mrs is already paranoid because her house burnt down when she was a child and recently a neighbor burnt down his garage from charging a motorcycle battery.
So there's no need for me to add anymore stress to her...it's bad enough trying to leave the house to run errands. It takes her about ten extra minutes to leave because she checks the stove and outlets 4xs before I can put the car in drive! "EVERYTIME" Haha
They also can burst into flames riding down the road if discharged too hard too long. I really don't need that kind of drama going on, on the back of my bike, as I ride down the road. There's already enough to worry about going down the road silently at 60MPH. LMAO

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Actually at one of the races at Grange, Salty (one of the first guys to race an eBike) battery pack busted into flames. He torn it off his bike and we all watched it burn down to ashes. Also I've seen a few packs burn at a few RC races.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Actually at one of the races at Grange, Salty (one of the first guys to race an eBike) battery pack busted into flames. He torn it off his bike and we all watched it burn down to ashes. Also I've seen a few packs burn at a few RC races.
I can just see me riding down Venice, Sunset or Santa Monica Blvd. trailing flames behind me like a 2 wheeled comet. I don't need that drama. Now I'm gonna have to mount a fire extinguisher for sure.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
9s2p 108A x 65V = 7,020W (continual)
300A x 65V = 19,050W (30 seconds) Warp Factor 9 Mr. Scott! Aye Captain!

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=177

Life Cycle (0.3c Charging-Discharging, 80%DOD): 2000
You guys gotta learn how to read a spec sheet or you're going to end up empty pocketed ans sorely disappointed. I'm trying to help you, because you have the new car buyer glow of gullibility.

If you over discharge that LiFePO4 pack it's not going to last long, that means drawing too many amps from it. If you want them to last 2000 cycles and get your money's worth, you gotta only pull 0.3C or 12A. The spec sheet is there for you to read, it's up to you to know how to read it and understand what you are getting into.

You'll need 150 of those cells if you want a 9sp2 pack like you are hoping for to run that motor you have selected. Know what you are doing or you are set for self destruction of your financial wellbeing.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=177

You guys gotta learn how to read a spec sheet or you're going to end up empty pocketed ans sorely disappointed. I'm trying to help you, because you have the new car buyer glow of gullibility.

If you over discharge that LiFePO4 pack it's not going to last long, that means drawing too many amps from it. If you want them to last 2000 cycles and get your money's worth, you gotta only pull 0.3C or 12A. The spec sheet is there for you to read, it's up to you to know how to read it and understand what you are getting into.

You'll need 150 of those cells if you want a 9sp2 pack like you are hoping for to run that motor you have selected. Know what you are doing or you are set for self destruction of your financial wellbeing.
40Ah 12A Discharge PER 3.2V BATTERY. Do you really think if you wire 10 of those batteries in series, that the 12 Amps are not multiplied for a GRAND TOTAL of 32V 40Ah (120A nominal discharge rating)? The "Discharge Rating" is now being spread over 10 batteries not 1. Electronics 101.

You need to think again or use a better calculator. Or both. Your math teacher has failed you. LOL

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Dude, the 12A is total for that series of packs, the same current runs though all of them, if you want to increase your current draw capacity you need more packs in parallel.

Good luck with electric if you refuse to learn its fundamentals...

I'm a mechanical engineer, and in this state the ME degree focuses heavily on electrical engineering, to make products for shmos like you.

Learn, read, save money not making expensive mistakes.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Dude, the 12A is total for that series of packs, the same current runs though all of them, if you want to increase your current draw capacity you need more packs in parallel.

Good luck with electric if you refuse to learn its fundamentals...

I'm a mechanical engineer, and in this state the ME degree focuses heavily on electrical engineering, to make products for shmos like you.

Learn, read, save money not making expensive mistakes.
Have you lost your Vulcan mind Spock! Look at what you just typed to me.

It's quite obvious to me that you are confusing Ah (capacity) with Nominal Discharge Rating. It happens I guess. Just not to me. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So if I pour 12 gallons of water through 1 hose then pour 12 gallons of water through 10 of the exact same hoses tied together side by side, Spock are saying that the water pressure at the other end of the 1 hose and the water pressure at the other end of the 10 hoses tied together will be exactly the same? Really Spock? Spock look at me! laff

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
For 30 seconds I'm going to shatter the Amax reading shown on this CA. I'm not sure what the Smax reading will be, but It'll be posted on here as well. Shock and Awe. :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
For 30 seconds I'm going to shatter the Amax reading shown on this CA. I'm not sure what the Smax reading will be, but It'll be posted on here as well. Shock and Awe. :)

Holly cow batman, I'm going to send you a pair of asbestos underwear. It's possible you might be the first eBike rider to orbit the moon.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Holly cow batman, I'm going to send you a pair of asbestos underwear. It's possible you might be the first eBike rider to orbit the moon.
I'm just not sure how much asphalt I'm gonna need to do that. I might have to sneak onto the 405 freeway for just a quick bit, early early on a Saturday or Sunday. LMAO

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Okay, I'll just sit back and watch you burn your bank account and become frustrated then, I can only help somebody that wants saving.

Voltage is analogous to pressure, amp flow is like current. You should take a class on analog circuits before hooking up one expensive battery.

LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Okay, I'll just sit back and watch you burn your bank account and become frustrated then, I can only help somebody that wants saving.

Voltage is analogous to pressure, amp flow is like current. You should take a class on analog circuits before hooking up one expensive battery.

LOL
laff I will shatter that Cycle Analyst Amax reading of 247A and that pic and a 1080p video of me doing it will be on youtube. One of us is right and the other is not. If you are right, then my bike is gonna be trailing flames behind it, emanating from the battery boxes, and I will have flushed $1100 in batteries down the toilet hole. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

LOL
Somebody doesn't understand how electricity works but thinks they're Nikola Tesla reborn. Maybe this will help. laff

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/question501.htm

"A neat analogy to help understand these terms is a system of plumbing pipes. The voltage is equivalent to the water pressure, the current is equivalent to the flow rate, and the resistance is like the pipe size.

There is a basic equation in electrical engineering that states how the three terms relate. It says that the current is equal to the voltage divided by the resistance.

Let's see how this relation applies to the plumbing system. Let's say you have a tank of pressurized water connected to a hose that you are using to water the garden.

What happens if you increase the pressure in the tank? You probably can guess that this makes more water come out of the hose. The same is true of an electrical system: Increasing the voltage will make more current flow.

Let's say you increase the diameter of the hose and all of the fittings to the tank. You probably guessed that this also makes more water come out of the hose. This is like decreasing the resistance in an electrical system, which increases the current flow.

Electrical power is measured in watts. In an electrical system power (P) is equal to the voltage multiplied by the current.

The water analogy still applies. Take a hose and point it at a waterwheel like the ones that were used to turn grinding stones in watermills. You can increase the power generated by the waterwheel in two ways. If you increase the pressure of the water coming out of the hose, it hits the waterwheel with a lot more force and the wheel turns faster, generating more power. If you increase the flow rate, the waterwheel turns faster because of the weight of the extra water hitting it."