6HP Diesel BTR

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
So, I've got the new frame I built and was looking round the net at engines trying to decide what to use. I ran across this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-6-HP-AI...414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337d8277ae The set back to using one for me is I know very little of diesel engines other than they produce more torque and are more fuel efficient. This one is supposed to produce 2x the torque of a 6hp gas as well as use 1/2 the fuel as a gas engine. Is anyone familiar with these engines? I have builds using the HF 6 hp getting 145mpg+ With the higher torque I figure I can use a taller gear ratio getting a faster top end , allowing a cruising speed @ a lower rpm. as well as a much higher MPG rating. Is this line of thought correct? Any thoughts or suggestions. What are the pro's and con's with using a diesel? Thanks, Rick

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
It will be a Billy Goat! Fear NO hill! :) All I know bout Diesel is what I learned having a VW Jetta TDI a while back. 1: They are expensive to work on and finding COMPETENT techs is difficult. 2: They need the best fuel filter you can find for them ( mine was modified to use a CAT 2 micron fuel filter) 3 Youll love Love LOVE the torque!

Rakkassan34

Nov 2, 2012
Kentucky
I'm jealous! Diesel's are power houses overbuilt for long life, heavy but durable, produce tons of low rpm torque and great gas mileage, not to mention you can run them on waste oil by either preheating it or mixing it 50/50 with reg diesel fuel. Put a little turbo on that thing and watch your power and mpg jump.