60cc BMX with Vertical Shaft Friction Drive

GoldenMotor.com

VlamBallas

Jun 1, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
LOL? a backwards bike? WHY!?

Found a 22mm bit, so the rubber is sorted, though finding a washer is a bit more tricky..
At first, I was a little bummed out, as I have to re-do the whole freeking engine mount.. Then started cursing as I slowly realised what a mission that is! Needless to say the neighbours did not appreciate my little rant, lol.
Took me a good few hours to get it mounted properly.. Sigh, Ah well. 'spose the little mistakes are part of the experience..

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I almost said something the other night, but from the pic it looked like it could mount either way, and I figured surely he knows what side. I fight my way out of corners I put my self into all the time, just part of the fun!?

VlamBallas

Jun 1, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
The bracket can go either way, its just where it mounts to the frame thats the issue, it does not sit in the center, fits slightly off center to side which the engine runs on the wheel..
Based it on the picture, which has the motor on the left hand side then never swapped it around when I mounted it..
Now have to swop the whole bike around, the clutch and throttle cables are not quite long enough to cross through the frame. Nothing quite as fun as double work ey?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Vlam

Don`t want to say I told you, but if you read post number 38 !! You even laughed about it ??

"mc master carr.com" has "shaft spacer`s" that may work for your roller. They have another type with larger od, can`t think of the proper name. You mite check out their site. Then maybe find them locally.

Anxious to see your video when you are done. Keep on trucking !!

Ron