49cc motor problems

GoldenMotor.com

Huckthe1

Mar 30, 2012
NY
I was riding the other day and heard a pop. I lost power like the clutch had gone out. After killing the engine I could not get it restarted and found when I got home I had a cracked gear off the main drive shaft. I replaced the gear and thought all was good.

Now I can not get the motor to start. I can not get the engine to even turn. I am thinking I must have sheared something else in the motor when the gear broke.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to get this running or what else might be wrong? I love this bike and want to get it back on the road. I only have about 100 hours on the motor.

:-||

PETER

Huckthe1

Mar 30, 2012
NY
It is a two stroke engine.

I am thinking it is in the engine because the clutch gear is turning along with the bevel wheel that I replaced. I guess I am going to have to tear the motor completely apart to see.

The engine was running fine after the gear broke but when I shut it off there was no way to restart it.

I guess my next question would be to find a drawing so I can figure how to take the engine apart or more important put it back together. Also what parts would be good to update while I have my motor torn apart?

Is this a common breakdown?

Peter