40mph speed secrets revealed

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i could easily hit sixty with a gear change, but i ride only in downtown tucson for the most part, so it would be totally irritating with 60mph gearing.
the main problem with making any power is a functioning expansion chamber. i just don't have the time or the energy to build a pipe designed for a stock cylinder. i think the reeds contribute quite a bit to low end driveability, but not as much to top end power.
the power is in the pipe

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
i could easily hit sixty with a gear change, but i ride only in downtown tucson for the most part, so it would be totally irritating with 60mph gearing.
the main problem with making any power is a functioning expansion chamber. i just don't have the time or the energy to build a pipe designed for a stock cylinder. i think the reeds contribute quite a bit to low end driveability, but not as much to top end power.
the power is in the pipe
Well, Everybody knows you could do it. I don't believe anybody that's watched your vids would doubt that one, dude!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
That's interesting. I don't know what the gearing is on a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser (mine is better with 36t than 44t), but I'll bet your bike would have a 'sweet spot' with a top gear matched with just the right engine sprockets. It's just a matter of experimentation and figuring out what those gears are...

I know someone makes all kinds of gear sizes, but I can't think of who it is right now... This is an interesting consideration..
dude, Im toatally lost! are you talking jackshaft setup? i'm just talking direct drive i have r sprocket sizes from 36 to 54 the 54 is nuts but it only does like 20 25 real quick

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
the power is in the pipe
I agree on the pipe clay, way too much time and energy to build any pipe at that mattter and nobody would want to pay the money.. the jolly moto pipe on my honda nsr 50 cost me 500$ and most people cry paying 50 for one. thats where tho power is hidden tho

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
@ goatherder
i was thinking 40 shipped, but would have to have a few people interested ahead of time. of course i DO NOT want anything upfront, but about ten people interested would help. i forgot to mention that the sprocket is wider for #41 chain

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
dude, Im toatally lost! are you talking jackshaft setup? i'm just talking direct drive i have r sprocket sizes from 36 to 54 the 54 is nuts but it only does like 20 25 real quick
Nah, I'm talking about perfectly matched front and rear sprocket setup for your particular bike, total weight, wheel spread & size and tire width... I'm pretty sure you can have any size rear sprocket made and front sprocket would only be limited by the engine case.

Wish I could find a LHD bike to put my Autobike rear wheel on, so I wouldn't need a jackshaft kit. I can imagine running the pedal/crank chain up and through the engine and having it freewheel with the engine running. The rear wheel doesn't freewheel, although the cogs have a helper narrowing band to assist in a smoother shift and it would be going in the wrong direction with the gears on the left, versus the right, side..

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI All,

FWIW - We can make sprockets from 14T to 90T .....web site is finally up but you need to add shipping separately ($5 to the USA) since the shipping part isn't working...

kingssalesandservice.com

Andrew

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Sprockets got brought up a few times. I am looking forward to getting one of Foureasy's if'n I can ever get a few dollars put together and a few folks want to go in on it?

I have followed all these threads. A puck is in my future been collecting parts!

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have three of Andy's there very nice love them! The universal mounting holes are perfect too. So purty it was a shame to get them dirty. lol.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I was just bustin ballz no biggie. On the sprocket note I'm content with the 10t and if i ever wanted one I would just fab it myself. I went by a speed trap the other day and hit 40mph then my exaust fell off lol. The vibes are so bad

jaypauljackson

Aug 31, 2010
sanluisobispo,cal
if you whant fast speeds on the flats gear it like a bicycle. I am wondering can i connect the drive chain to the Right hand side then run the chain through the rear wheel gears. Of Course every thing would be of the heavyest/Best quality to with stand the tourke.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
@ flybytaco.
sounds like you need a balanced crank. then it would vibrate pleasantly at thirty and be buttery smooth at forty.