3000W SBP Battery Questions

GoldenMotor.com

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I don't know if he is but I did and took a 540 mile, 3day Fall ride recently....great trip! View attachment 102803
Every time I see one of your builds I learn something. Is that a sliding rear dropout? Thinking of pushing my rear tire back to allow 3" tires. If I go electric it will be all electric. Debating between electric and 4stroke with gears.

Reactions: Tony01

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It's actually a dropout extension plates to increase the bikes wheelbase by at least 4" for better handling characteristic & it does help in clearing larger tires, but running 3" x 26" tires probably going to need a frame originally spaced 135mm wide to fit .Most guys build either ICE or electric I just thought a hybrid would lend more utility and it does.

Rick C.

Rick C.
hybrid hub 1.jpg
hybrid hub 2.jpg

Reactions: Tony01

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
It's actually a dropout extension plates to increase the bikes wheelbase by at least 4" for better handling characteristic & it does help in clearing larger tires, but running 3" x 26" tires probably going to need a frame originally spaced 135mm wide to fit .Most guys build either ICE or electric I just thought a hybrid would lend more utility and it does.

Rick C.

Rick C. View attachment 102818 View attachment 102819
Wow!! That thing is perfect. Love it. Do you have some online album where I can see other stuff you have built? What kind of trailer do you run?

@waynesdata that bike in the video is nuts. 80lb battery!!! With a qs273 40h in the back, probably a 50lb rear wheel at least. BEAST

The guy I bought my controller from ran dual hubs for a while. His setup was something like 7kw/25kw IIRC or 32kw total. I know a guy that ran dual 1000w hubs back in the mid 2000s on a road bike, that did 40 regularly. The possibilities for great setups are endless with electrics.

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Sure Tony I'm "Old guys Simplex" thread in board track forum almost a hundred pages of my crap loaded in there.

Trailer is just a store bought that I can switch between bikes. I'm trying to get back on a sidecar with electric reverse for my 125cc 5speed Simplex build, but I keep jumping projects in front of it. Though I've got most of the components already to complete it.

Rick C.

Last edited: