2nd Annual Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise 2016

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Man, you guys, I really wanted to be there but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm sitting here waiting for the first reports. My Minnesota trip fell through and some other things came up and kept me home but I really missed the trip this year and the fun that I know you had.

Let's see those videos as soon as you can post them.

Tom
Tom here is a few pictures from the event. I'll have videos up when I can get time to devote my internet to uploading them. We missed you there and you weren't forgotten!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That all looks so familiar, especially Ray's driveway. I'm kicking myself for not making the trip this year but I know you guys had fun. I hope at least someone raised a beer to me after the ride:)

Thanks for the early photo coverage Jordan. Much appreciated.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
That all looks so familiar, especially Ray's driveway. I'm kicking myself for not making the trip this year but I know you guys had fun. I hope at least someone raised a beer to me after the ride:)

Thanks for the early photo coverage Jordan. Much appreciated.

Tom
No problem Tom! Between all the pictures and videos taken today you'll be caught up with all the days events! Uploading some tonight.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
6 mb's. Two scooters? Am I counting right?
Yep! You're counting right.

The two scooters were my wife and I. I honestly did intend to bring my motorized bike along. Earlier this week I had loaded both scoots onto my pickup truck. Just to make sure I could do it. I hadn't had any doubts. But this was the dress rehearsal. I had never carried both scoots before.

So I got them loaded, looked at the space that was left and said, "Okay. All three will fit".

But loading up this morning what I found was that, though there was space for my bike, the fit was awkward. And there was some risk of a pedal, for instance, doing some damage to a scooter. Stuff like that. And since it was time to get going, I parked the bike and decided it was going to have to be a scooter day.

But I gotta tell ya, I really enjoyed the chance to watch some motorized bikes operating. From close range over some miles. It was just fine regardless of what I was riding.

The weather treated us better than it might have. And ckangaroo's home and general location were comfortable and enjoyable. And we got a good lunch, to boot!

I suppose Mr B's bike was the star of the show. But it's hard to say since there were some genuinely nice bikes there. Quality components put together very well.

It's a shame that you and 2Door and xseler couldn't make it. But we'll keep our fingers crossed for next year.

I didn't raise a glass to you, Tom, because I chose to drink Coca-Cola today. But in the next couple of days I'll be visiting a friend. We often drink a few beers and talk about politics and/or classic rock and roll music. And I'll toast you then.

And then I'll raise the next glass to ckangaroo. An excellent host.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Here is the first part of the ride I was able to upload last night! It was 2gigabytes long with the HD so it's going to take me a while to get everything all uploaded and formatted! Probably going to end up combining a few because I have sections that cut into two videos due to length! So here is Part 1! The very first ride!
https://youtu.be/PdFZWFkuvxU

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thank you to everyone who came out to participate in the 2016 2nd Annual Scarecrow Run. I had a very enjoyable time and it was great to see everyone again and to meet a few new folks as well. Hope you all make plans to get together with us again next year and hopefully we can add a few new riding buddies every year.

Special thanks to Mrs Brown for driving the support vehicle. I am certain it was appreciated by all. Thank you as well for the mementos and the bottle of wine. We are really going to enjoy that.

Thanks Jordan for capturing some great photos and video and getting those up quick. I am a very forgetful type...so in years to come it is always nice to be able to look back for reference and to help put a smile on.

Thanks Mr B for the great artwork. My wife has framed it already and graces our entryway for all to see.

Thank you to our new riders for coming out to join us. I enjoyed your guys company. If you are ever out this way...lets take a ride.

Tom. Start making your plans for next year right now. Still have not gotten to ride next to Captain America...so help me get that one off my bucket list.

Thanks again everyone! Now its time to check out a bit of video I put together of our event.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=639773#post639773

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
6 mb's. Two scooters? Am I counting right?
On the cruise...that is correct. Did have one of my local riding buddies show up with his motorized bike, but due to the fact that he has a lung condition...he rarely ventures outside of town on his bike. In a town this size..when we get a dozen folks to turn out to an event...we consider that as half the town showed up! By nature....I am a glass half full kinda guy..wee.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Another great Scarecrow Run!

Thanks to Ray and Heather for being such gracious hosts and making this all possible! And good eats too!!!

Thanks to Jordon for amusing me by simply jumping over rough spots instead of riding around them like us old “dodgers”!

Thanks to Mike for the always interesting trinkets!

Thanks to Kelly for providing 4 wheeled support!

Thanks to everyone for the fine companionship!

From tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow, see you all next year!

Last edited:

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Mapquest says near 50 miles
Had planned to go about 15 miles more but radar showed some thunderstorms just off to our west...so to error on the side of caution it was cut a bit shorter.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Last year when he shut it down half way thru the ride..he had a bit of trouble with it vapor locking and making it hard to restart. Once he got it started again it ran great but I think he thought he would just avoid that happening again..so he just left it running this year.