2015 Midwest Motorized Bike Ride

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Looked like a lot of fun!! Next year, maybe.............
It was a great ride! If we do it again next year....I hope you can make it. You will have to ask 2door if it was worth the drive? He drove 1000 miles to come take a cruise with us and man he sure appeared to be in his element out there on the open road riding that Norton.

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
Thanks for organizing this.. I'm so bummed that I missed it. On the first frame of the video it shows everyone...Who is who??

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thanks for organizing this.. I'm so bummed that I missed it.
I had the easy part. I just invited folks to come take a ride and some good folks took me up on the offer. They had the burden of long drives to come join in. Four states were represented in our group. Colorado, Iowa, Missouri and Illinois. Keep it in mind for next year if we do it again. Would be happy to have you come join in.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Yea...I was pretty disappointed I didn't get some good video of the mud bathing hogs near the bridge. I am around hogs all the time, but those particular hogs sure looked like they were enjoying all the wet weather we have had very much. They didn't look like they had a care in the world when I buzzed by them. They kinda looked and acted like me after I eat at a Famous Daves rib joint.

"Scarecrow Ride"....I like it! Very fitting for the area.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'll look forward to next year. I had to miss because of bad timing. But a repeat is pretty unlikely.

And now I'll spend a year worrying about the weather, I guess.

But don't mind me. It's just an obsession of mine. :)

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Only a couple things I disliked about my video. One thing is that I thought my camera was rolling when we were coming up to the bridge. I found out when we reached the bridge that I had not been filming at that moment. My movie critic wife says I missed the whole point of the ride by not capturing more of the bridge. LOL I didn't tell her, but the real point of the ride was not the bridge. The real point was to hang out and ride with some cool folks that day.

I need to learn how to either eliminate or set the time stamp on my video sunglasses. It shows the date as 2013, but I have not investigated how to set it or eliminate. Need to do that cause that time stamp displaying the wrong date bugs me.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Only a couple things I disliked about my video. One thing is that I thought my camera was rolling when we were coming up to the bridge. I found out when we reached the bridge that I had not been filming at that moment. My movie critic wife says I missed the whole point of the ride by not capturing more of the bridge. LOL I didn't tell her, but the real point of the ride was not the bridge. The real point was to hang out and ride with some cool folks that day.

I need to learn how to either eliminate or set the time stamp on my video sunglasses. It shows the date as 2013, but I have not investigated how to set it or eliminate. Need to do that cause that time stamp displaying the wrong date bugs me.
No biggie. You get it right next year. However I bet we have 15 riders next year. Might need a bigger table and grill. LOL!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
No biggie. You get it right next year. However I bet we have 15 riders next year. Might need a bigger table and grill. LOL!
Mike

Well.. that would just be the perfect excuse for me to buy that big Cadillac of a grill I been looking at. LOL

I do have a nice fish cooker...so maybe next year it will be fish fry?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ray,
I did the same thing. That's why I turned around and went back through the bridge again. Thought my camera was on but it wasn't.

I was amazed my engine ran like it did with my small jetting. In fact the darn thing ran pretty good. It certainly makes me re-think my tuning advice regarding altitude above sea level. I was expecting a very lean burn but that wasn't the case..

Tom