2012, 4th Annual Central Pa. Rally August 4th & 5th

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Chainmaker, I have something I made up a couple years ago. Layed it out on the workbench and if the Alzheimers stays in remission I'll bring it along. I'll probably be there mid morning on saturday and stick around for a few hours and make sure you all have it under control before I leave. Hopefully it'll fit and do what you want.
Dan
Thanks Dan,
That would be great!
troy

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
The required batch of Oatmeal Cookies has been made and will arrive mid-morning Saturday. Everyone have a safe trip.
Dan

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I want everyone to know what parts Im bringing to trade, in case anyone is interested. Im bringing a 2.5L gas tank, sealed with KREEM gas tank sealant, needs a fresh paint job, does not come with mounting brackets. I am also bringing a cane creek threadless headset and a matching set of handlebars with an adjustable stem, a shimano tourney derailleur, and a seat and seatpost, not sure of the seatpost diameter, but its pretty large, wouldnt fit on my cranbrook. I may also be bringing a few other miscellaneous items. I am interested in trading for a mirror, a better carburetor (have an nt carb currently, interested in an rt carb or something well tuned), also interested in trading for an expansion chamber (the one I have is pretty ghetto rigged) or at the very least a stock 2 stroke exhaust). thanks.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I wasnt able to find the tourney derailleur, but i have another one. I also found a pair of no-rise handlebars and a set of aluminum pedals that fit a 3 piece crank, and a 12v spotlight that someone could turn into a pretty sweet headlight if they wanted to.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
sorry you didnt make it chainmaker. it was great, i just got home from there. had to beat the storm home. scored a worksman front drum wheel for $35. pretty stoked about that.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Thank you to everyone that came again this year & made this another great rally!! I have a wonderful wife that does so much work to make the rally successful each year. Thanks again, you guys are great!!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Thanks for another great rally this year, Jay! I got my front drum working pretty good. Ended up using a piece of aluminum strapping to hold the arm in place. looks a little better than the hose clamps, lol. I also needed a different brake lever to get enough force to get the shoes to grab good. The lever I had didnt have enough pull behind it. I'm very happy with it though.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Thanks for another great rally this year, Jay! I got my front drum working pretty good. Ended up using a piece of aluminum strapping to hold the arm in place. looks a little better than the hose clamps, lol. I also needed a different brake lever to get enough force to get the shoes to grab good. The lever I had didnt have enough pull behind it. I'm very happy with it though.
It was a great time. Glad you got your brake working. You got it for a good price.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Thanks for another good time Jay and Bonnie. It was great to see everyone again from the young to the old. The young man with the green chopper bike got my vote and promised me his when I come to win the trophy next year. Hope to see all of you next year.
Dan

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Every time I come to the rally I end up picking something up lol. I came two years ago and picked up a mirror. I was hoping to pick up another mirror this year, because unfortunately the other one got broken. But I'm way happier with the drum wheel I picked up this time anyway, lol. From now on, every time I come to the rally, I'm gonna make sure I either bring money or parts to sell or trade. Bringing parts along worked out pretty well for me this year.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Date for next year's Rally

Mark your calendars. The 2013 Central Pa. Rally will again be the first weekend in August. August 3rd & 4th 2013.

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
The calender is marked. Once again Jay and Bonnie mostly Bonnie did a great job pulling the rally together. Jason and I had a terrific time. Pa. hospitality, motored bikes, food and freinds what more could you ask for. Boston area was well represented and hope the same for next year. Thanks again everyone for a great weekend Peace Ray