200 Watt Stretch Rat

GoldenMotor.com

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Far Northern N.S.W Australia
Heres my latest bike , the Rock Solid Engines 200Watt engine is very low powered but has enough power to give good assistance to pedaling , its easy to tweek extra power out of it ,mainly while I get the motor nice and loose ,I expect the motor to become more willing as time goes by .

Attachments

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
thats nice , i love the springer with the disc brake setup , the only thing that trows it off to me is the different spoke patterns ( same with my wcc scooter , they come the same way )

so , 200watt , is that a 49cc ? looks like an 80cc jug

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Thanks ,glad you all like it , it rides good , yeah different spokes , wanted a front disc and I had the 68 spoke with disc hub so... got to have the good rear sprocket for the wide rear tyre and that means a 36 spoke rear .
Yes its 48cc modified and certified for a Aussie legal 200 watts , I have it running a little more than that at the moment while I run it in .

Ash_mz21

Mar 28, 2010
Geelong, Australia
Great looking bike mate! I'm planning on building up a bike soon, but after doing the research have realized how badly we get screwed when it comes to regulations in Victoria (200watts.. wtf seriously). How did you get that 48cc down to 200watts output and then have it certified? Is it just drastically detuned, intake/exhaust restriction plates? Did you need a dyno print out? And most importantly, is it reversible? Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers Ash.

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
The engine is built by Rock Solid Engines in Adelaide, its the only certified motor available apart from Rotary's Sachs which is another trip altogether , The RSE 200 watt engine hardly revs at all but its legal and has a certified plate on the Magneto cover , it costs a bit more than most engines .

Ash_mz21

Mar 28, 2010
Geelong, Australia
Just a hypothetical.. but I think i'll buy one of those 200watt kits, I'm just curious if the magneto cover unbolts easily? i presume it would. Or is the motor sealed?

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
The motor is much the same as any Chinese type bike motor everything unbolts , in fact all the bolts are replaced with hi tensile hex heads , if you know your way around a motor then you can get it to run like a normal 48cc quite easily .

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Changed the front of my bike today , wanted to see what it is like with normal bars and a regular springer , something I dont like with the bent fork and a 24 rear is I had to use a short BMX crank cuz the long ones really scraped , I dont mind a pedal scraper , but the 24" made it scrape too easily , like over small dips and rises in the road .
So heres the new version complete with fenders and rack.

Attachments