1956 Schwinn Hornet

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
I wasnt sure when you said the color, but it looks great.
This color s called psycho Lime, has 2 coats 1st is silver base 2nd is the psycho lime. My digital camera is complicated, some pictures do know justice. I will post pics later this evening, now I,m at Costco getting tires on the van, man this Samsung galaxy tablet Iis killer, just hope this posted. Later Dirty.shft.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
That looks pretty nice. I can't wait to see more photos of that and similar future builds. I love the Beach cruiser frames ESPECIALLY vintage Schwinn's. Awesome. .ride7a

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
.shft.New update, pulled the trigger & ordered worksman aluminum alloy wheel set W front drum brake. now the anticipation of waiting a month to be delivered. Next paycheck will be a hub adapter & sprocket form Sportsman. more pics soon enough!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Wow, look at that! Very cool cruiser build. People ask me all the time if the Worksman toolbox fits a Panther and I always say no. Looks like you proved me wrong. Anyway, cool build and nice paint job, too!
Pat

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Thanks Pat! I think the key to it is the tires, I used 26" X2.125 Duro knock offs of the schwinn tires. I have only 1/4" gap of space between them. i'm working on a headlight & turn signal style lights. I will be working another Hornet/ Spitfire straight bar this fall, will your gas tank fit these type of frames? brnot

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
As long as the center bar is straight you should be good. Seems there is one year where the center tube was 1" and all the other years were 7/8". On that one year frame my tank will not fit or it's very tight. I had shortened a couple tanks to fit these oddball 1" center tube frames. Never really an issue, though. I think I have seen only two of them so far. Eventually I'll make a proper Panther tool box.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Wow,,, yeah that make sense, I must of have one of that particular year. I will need to run the serial # , cause the tank off the green hornet doesn't fit, it's very tigh, maybe a little grinding can fix that. Here are some more pics of the 1956 Green Hornet. brnot

Attachments

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Norm knows these old Schwinns better than anyone I know. Hey Norm, what year is the Panther frame with the bigger center tube?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Beautiful Bike!! love the color and by not painting the tank you've heightened the detail greatly.
Very Nice!
Question: why didn't hide the CDI in the tool box ? just curious

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
brnotThanks Silverbear, I like the old headlights & turn signals, trying to figure a way to make a switch / button to operate them. As far as Schwinns I perfer them most of all. Here is some pics of another schwinn bike I plan on building this fall / winter.

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Another classic frame design. The bike is in nice condition. My winter build (kindalikeawhizzer) is a 51 cantilever frame. Well made and lots of room for the engine. I like the head badge, too. Will this also be a China girl engine?
SB