1910 Pierce Clone - "Peace"

GoldenMotor.com

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Mr.B, the rear pulley is one that is supposed to clip on the rear wheel, but it was not in alignment when on the wheel so I made some brackets to space it out about an inch to align with the front pulley on the jack shaft. Then I made the tensioner to keep it tight.
Ya, I know the Pierce picture is backwards, I cobbed it off the internet where someone had the negative backwards. If it was like that it would go backwards pretty good.

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Finally the wife bought a video camera, I'll be posting a short video soon. The bike is running great, had a couple bugs with the front end and the front fender, all good now. Fenders seem to always be trouble for me for some reason???

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
wow, that is simply an amazing piece of work. you have a very good eye and are able to translate your imagination into a tangible work of art...kudo's my friend.

I am slowly putting together a workshop of my own, i have an apartment with just a one car garage where I wrench on my 69' CB450...almost done with it and I will most likely sell her so I can buy a few more tools and fund a beater car for my wife. She is from Manila and does not yet know how to drive. We were teaching her, but she drove it into the garage door with my Hemi Charger...yikes...hence the reason for a beater. I was a bit miffed but she is great, what can i say!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Beautiful bike Louie..... amazing build.

You had a picture of the bikes in your shed. I really like that Miami. Is it an original or a replica? It looks real to me but with the unbelievable quality of your builds who knows> i really like it and im thinking i would like to do a replica with a Villiers i have. Any idea where you can get the tank decals from? Also where do you get those wide belts? Leather?

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
The Miami is the real thing (1916), only a handful still around, browse YouTube for "LouieMCman" to see it and others run, thanks.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Its real, im sooooo jealous. That is a beautiful machine. You are a lucky man. How is it to ride? Do you ride it very often?

I could stare at that bike for hours. Im off to view your videos..... cheers

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
What a small world, ive seen your video before. Thats where i first saw a Miami. Man i am so in love with this bike. Everything about it is perfect. If i can find the decals i may have to make a tribute to this bike. Thanks for sharing.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
If you have an opportunity or already have pics id love to see a pic of the shifter/knob and gate if possible. Im making some bikes with a hand clutch and pictures of how the old motorcycles made this work are hard to find.

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Almost done! Reassembled the beast and took it out for a ride. I had to do the normal adjusting the rear wheel and bending the fender struts out to keep everything clear. The torque converter works great and the bike takes off and runs up to max speed (~30 MPH) quickly. Might change drive pulley for more top end. Will post more pics and take a video later. Oh ya, my right arm seems a little longer now from the pull starter, damn that motor is a beast to pull!
You ever think of making and selling those front forks? they are really cool and I am sure would be easy to sell a few. If you think you would at least be willing to make up another one, let me know, we can discuss cost via PM if you are interested.

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Tom, the forks may be easy to sell but they were a pain to build. The rear legs must have a 1" longer neck so the top shock mount can bolt on. So you either need a longer neck or a shorter steering head. Then the top shock mount needs to be extremely heavy duty as it carries all the weight of the front end. Mine measures 3/4" X 1/2" solid steel. It also must be welded to a heavy duty clamp, this is one mistake I made the first time around and used a light duty clamp that broke when I hit a pot hole. Next the bottom rockers need to be spaced properly and must move freely. I'm sure mine will need new bolts and spacers occasionally. The shock is also more complicated than it looks. It has a bolt that runs through it that holds it together but must move with freely with the spring. It has about 1" of travel. I'm not real interested in building another but will assist anyone that wants to "do it themselves". Thanks.

Attachments

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Harry76, I guess your asking about the Miami "clutch" which is really a belt tensioner. I'll try to describe it (see picture). There is a spacer and a spring under the insert which springs up to lock in on the notched gate. You have to push down on the button on top to dis engage and move the tensioner. The insert is a round bar with a slot cut in it that the notched gate goes through and a button on top. I have the one broke one that I can get a picture of if you need it.

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Louie, i sort of figured thats how it would be, but i ended up going an easier route for my build

but i much prefer the setup on your Miami as its more adjustable but a little, ok a lot more work. Maybe next time ill tackle it.

Once again Louie, nice bike. I also checked out your other bikes on Youtube and you have quite a collection. They are some beautiful rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Whats happening to that video, dont make us beg, because im not beyond begging to see a video of the Pierce!!!!

And yeah Charlie that Miami is killer!!!!!!! One of my favs for sure, i love thse colors