1901 olds replica

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
What a great car. I always wanted to build one but it never happened. Do you have any build photos?
Personally it's my all time favorite car and you've done a fantastic job with it.

Steve.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
We didnt really get to many pics of this one .
It was a long term , team effort. John (in photo) made frame years ago. When he went to see the guy after not being around for a few years ,the car was sitting unfinished...
Much to johns supprise the owner said he wanted john to have it and take it today. So he did ,it fits perfectly in the back of a full size pickup, and brought it home . When you get a call from john to meet him in the driveway ,theres a new bike /car or gun comeing home.
Our friend jeff made the box and john and i did all the little stuff that was left .
Ill post some better pics when the weather breaks

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
John and his buddy were following a plan set ,i never saw it ,but there out there .
There was a bunch of replicas built in the 70s and these plans are from that era .
It has an old brigs 5 horse and a trany from a lawn tractor . The carraige is the real deal from a doctors buggy cira 1890 with a new cover (also 70s) the box was built to fit (no plans) and just to please the eye.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Wonderful. That is a sweet car for sure. On one of the replica sites there was a large delivery type truck like the Olds but much larger and I keep picturing a tricar in the back. I have a golf cart front axle that may need a new home.
Just kidding, I think.

Steve.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Thanx SB were planing on takeing her to darlington WI in june and give the car a real road test. The backroad between darlington and mineral point is one of the best runs in WI,and the ridge runs around blue mound are true motorized bicycle country.
When you park my green bike next to the olds ,they look like long lost cousins... Hopeing to be in a few parades this summer .

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Steve how cool would the curved dash olds and the tri car look rolling together! They share so many design qualitys... True style has been lost to time ,they really cared about there work back then ,we may be the last group putting those ideals into our work ?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
P.S.D.,
That would be a hoot wouldn't it. I'm imagining the Olds, your bike, the tricar and Silverbears sidecar all sitting out front of an old store after a run through the countryside.
That would have the people along the route talking for quite a while.

Could happen. I'm picking Silverbear up and going on to New Hampshire to see my son and then we're going to Maryland to pick up some things that Silverbear has there and then back to Minnesota. A side trip could be planned on the way back. This will be in June.

There are very few young people who come to mind that have an interest in recreating older looking vehicles. Maybe because they don't remember them in the farmers field and barns and in my case driving them because that's all I could afford as a kid. Just can't beat a 1939 La Salle hearse with 22,000 miles for $150.

Hat's off to the ones that are doing it.

Steve.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Thanx SB were planing on takeing her to darlington WI in june and give the car a real road test. The backroad between darlington and mineral point is one of the best runs in WI,and the ridge runs around blue mound are true motorized bicycle country.
When you park my green bike next to the olds ,they look like long lost cousins... Hopeing to be in a few parades this summer .
How about a lowly two wheeler?- I’m on 151, just 45 minutes southwest of Mineral Point...

-Kirk

Last edited:

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
You know, it might be fun to have a get together run! That’s a busy time of year, but if schedule permits I’d do it!

As long as PSD doesn’t mind people inviting them self's to his shake down cruse...?

I just looked on the map for Darlington to Mineral Point and while I imagine there’s some big hills involved it is only about 15 miles...

-Kirk