Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Board Track Racer Trek Classic Cruiser Style

I need s Gas Tank (not the Cheesy ones that come with the Kits, and not one of those between the frames but over the top and down wrap around) I have a Schwinn Point Beach and do not want to cut the frame or mount a regular tank. I know how to map or sketch one and make one out of paper but I cannot build one or afford to have one built, I need one that is already built and I do want more capacity then those little Peanut Type offer. Any Ideas please NO PLASTIC/FIBERGLASS Please!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Considered a behind the seat mounted tank? Lots of options there. Vintage Rupp tanks or NOS B&S on eBay, or the really spiffy tank from Sportsman. There's a thread on here someplace where a builder made his tank(s) from camping stove fuel tanks as I recall. Another from a chunk of copper pipe. Just a thought....