Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles

High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default need hill climbing power

Ok, I havn't recived my 66/80cc CIF kit yet, and this will be my first experience with them.. the cylinder head is a straight cylinder head and not the slant... The bike is a 26" GrantSport Easy Tour from the late 60's.. and the hill I need to climb is about a 60-65* incline, maby a little more.. 1/4 mile long... will the kit as it comes complete this task or do I need other stuff?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM

Default Re: need hill climbing power

You will probably need a 50 tooth sprocket,but I would try it first.Mine pulls up hill pretty good but Im not sure of the grade of hills I have to go up seeing as Im in FL.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:04 PM

even with a large sprocket you will probably have to pedal some. i have a simular hill that is about a mile long and have to pedal a little to keep up speed on both my 4 stroke with a 50 tooth and 2 stroke with 41 t00th but over all they both do good... frank
Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM

thanks.. I was planning on getting the 50 tooth after I got the bike togther and broke in on top of the hill anyway just because of the terrain in my area.. I actully live ontop of the hill in question... would the 80cc slant head from Zoom Bicycles help also? I wouldn't mind pedal assisting.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Manufacturer/Dealer

Hi,

FWIW - The largest sprocket we have made to date for motorized bikes is 65T for a fella
in the UK who wanted to ride his bike in large open fields at slow speeds....THAT would probably climb some wicked steep hills....

Of course it that isn't we can g up to about 80T on a sprocket! ;-)

Andrew
Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM

Here is what I use for hill climbing:

Standard 2 stroke engine installed with:
1. Slant head: the extra compression is very noticeable and pedal and pull starting is much more difficult but rewarded with gobs of torque.
2. SBP shifter kit. My 34 tooth 1st gear will climb Mt. Everest.
3. SBP tuned pipe. Regains lost power to my altitude and with the high compression head puts lots of smiles on my face.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167 View Post
Ok, I havn't recived my 66/80cc CIF kit yet, and this will be my first experience with them.. the cylinder head is a straight cylinder head and not the slant... The bike is a 26" GrantSport Easy Tour from the late 60's.. and the hill I need to climb is about a 60-65* incline, maby a little more.. 1/4 mile long... will the kit as it comes complete this task or do I need other stuff?

Indeed. You need gears.