Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Offroad MB

I haven't worked on a new bike in a while, and I'm getting in the mood to start another project. Since I've been riding a motorcycle for a a while now I'm no longer liking the lower speed capabilities of MBs, so I thought why not make my next project a super-offroad motorbike? That way I won't need to make it go fast, and it will still be just as much fun! So my question is what frame should I use? I want full suspension with as much travel as possible, and the frame needs to be able to accommodate a large engine, since the engine i have is 198ccs and is of comparable size to a predator 212.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Offroad MB

Motoped. Heard of one roller selling for $1400 around here... Just add engine. I think the biggest engine is a bored 140 to 170 or something, and you KNOW those things will rev to 9k stock.

I think 212 commands going into motorcycle territory. I've been wanting to do a build with a 212 in a dirt bike frame, stretched n lowered.

Starting with a dirt bike frame will solve all your alignment issues for the suspension. Retrofitting a 200cc should be no problem.

Last edited by Tony01; 07-11-2016 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Offroad MB

If I'm going to use a dirtbike frame I may as well just use the 900cc V-twin that I have lying around! I also want to keep this build as light as possible, preferably 75lbs or less, and I would like to be able to ride on streets as well. But a dirtbike frame is good to think about. And as for the motoped I love those, but I really want to build it all myself. No pre-made stuff, all built by me.

Last edited by LongboardMalinois; 07-11-2016 at 01:27 PM.