oil question

GoldenMotor.com

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
Hey a friend and I ran out of oil and the only stuff they had at the local store was Tc w3 outboard 2 cycle oil so we mixed it with gas and ran our bikes about 25 km with no apparent issues. I know it's water cooled but it says on the other oil which is not watercooled and it says you can run it in watercooled engines. Is this fine to use? We have 66cc kits from speeddemon.ca

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
To clarify, oils formulated exclusively for outboards, or water cooled engines may not be able to provide enough lubrication at the temperatures generated by an air cooled engine. There are oils out there that are formulated for both applications. You need to read the label of whatever oil you're using and see if it is recommended for use in an air cooled engine. If it says it is for water cooled, or outboard engines only you should look for an alternative.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I tore up an engine running outboard oil in the early days, dont run outboard only oilin your china girl engine.

If that is all you have I'd run a heavier oil mix ratio like maybe 24:1 and watch my plug color, to make sureyou dont have a lean run condition and asap I'd get some good quality oil made for air cooled engines.

You can buy a lot of good oil for what it cost to replace an engine.

Map