Baskets ON!

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I've had my basket for quite some time now. However it was starting to come apart. So I cut plywood to fix it. Just wanted to get it together first. I plan to take it apart and paint it soon. I even built a shelf for the tool bag.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
N. Kat

I also believe in climate change, warming and cooling, been happening since creation, I don't believe in man made climate change, It's good way for the politician pushing it to make lots of money and scare people away from a largest and best natural resources we have in north America and allow the rest of the worlds economy to go racing past us.

The ice age that once had north America covered in hundreds of feet of ice in some areas melted do to the natural climate change cycle that was put into play at the beginning of this planet as we know it, no planes, trains or automobiles back then and as the climate changed the ice melted, man can pollute the water and air with chemicals that can harm us, animals and plants to an extent, but one Volcano eruption puts more pollution into the atmosphere than mankind could do with oil, gas and coal in a few hundred years and has been doing it on a regular basis for how long now?

I fully expect this post to be deleted and/or moved...... just had to speak my mind on this topic because I truly believe the people shoving this theory down everyones throats are doing much more damage than good to this country even though I know that many people involved in the extreme GREEN movement have really good intentions, I just believe people are being mislead on this issue.

Just my $0.02 worth on the topic, but hey we all have our opinions don't we.

Peace, Map

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Looking at my own pictures here
it sorta struck me.

in the motoring world
"They" always have something against "roll",
but "they" never have anything against "going fast"

so what does THAT say?

It's always about selling lots of gasoline

I also hung a bar bag on the back of my baskets like L Jerry-
So that's even more potential storage-
one could hang off the front basket too, and I could put another on the BMX crossbar
at some point- I just really don't need more cargo- but it would work on a long cross country tour

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It certainly will haul some groceries. Nice job.

I had all but forgotten that "Pegasus" logo. That was from "Pure" gasoline, wasn't it? And I guess that brand must be gone. I don't think I've seen one of those stations in forty years.

Ooohhh.....I'm trying to 'hold my tongue' here....I really am.....I don't want to get an argument going...........

But what if we are the generation, as seems likely, that ends up sealing the fate of the human race? Isn't anything, anything at all, better than that?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Better safe than sorry- steps in the right direction won't really hurt anything,
and could in fact be a pleasant shift away from the high-pressure world that business has pushed for a long time-

Katrina
Tornadoes that LEVEL Joplin and Birmingham and suburbs of Oklahoma city
Huricane Sandy
SNOWMAGEDDON
Strange winds and record drought
while record floods occur all over the globe
All these things have existed before, but the scope and FREQUENCY of weather disaster in the past decade is unprecedented- even the insurance companies admit record claims being filed

Nobodys really making much money from Global Warming
A lot of people seem they have something to lose

anyway, the pegasus logo is an old trademark of Mobil gas
I started with one on my first build that I called my "NOVI"
after the old Indy car racers- where I'm from originally.
It's actually the same bike as above,
The pictures below are the evolving bike- Micargi Panther, 66 china Girl kit
although it's just the frame and motor that remain the same now

"HAPPY MOTORING"

Attachments

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Just playing around with paint-
heres a "Now" and "then" shot:

(those big beach tires coulda been off of some old 19-teens or 1920's Indianapolis car!)
The tires of the cars when I was young remind me of the 1.75 width we had on our bikes by then
photos 3 and 4

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

(those big beach tires coulda been off of some old 19-teens or 1920's Indianapolis car!)
The tires of the cars when I was young remind me of the 1.75 width we had on our bikes by then
photos 3 and 4
N K that is a very nice clean looking bike, then & now, I need a set of front forks like that for the Kulana I plan to build up for my next bike.

I like the pegasus decal. looks good to me all the way aroud.

map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It certainly will haul some groceries. Nice job.

I had all but forgotten that "Pegasus" logo. That was from "Pure" gasoline, wasn't it? And I guess that brand must be gone. I don't think I've seen one of those stations in forty years.

Ooohhh.....I'm trying to 'hold my tongue' here....I really am.....I don't want to get an argument going...........

But what if we are the generation, as seems likely, that ends up sealing the fate of the human race? Isn't anything, anything at all, better than that?
LOL......!

The human race isn't going anywhere, I'm not scared at all...!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

photos 3 and 4
N K thought you might like these.