Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Default Attention new members!

Please be sure to give as much info about your bicycle and engine as possible when asking for help. The more we know about it, the better we can help.
"I have a new motor and it made a funny noise and quit" is NOT going to do much but make eyes roll...
DON'T be afraid to ask what seem like dumb questions if you don't know. We were ALL noobs at one point...
DO tell us everything you can about your bike and the problem you are having.
DO search the classic and sticky threads. Almost EVERY possible issue is in there somewhere...
DO try to write clearly and rationally. Pretend your english teacher is reading your posts. SPELL CHECK!
DON'T take everything you see or hear as gospel truth. Get several opinions and choose the one that seems best for your issue.
DON'T get offended if someone posts something different than you. Opinions vary.
DO remember to have fun! These little toys can be a source of endless joy and satisfaction if you approach it with the right frame of mind. They can also drive grown men to throw things through the garage wall in frustration.
I always step back and take a break when things start getting irritating. Coming back at a problem after a nice break gives me fresh ideas.

The resources here from all these incredibly talented people can help you get the most out of your motorized bicycle!
Just dive in and keep smiling!
*hides pile of broken engine parts and tries to look innocent*

Last edited by maniac57; 05-17-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Attention new members!

Well said, But I would ad this
DO REMEMBER these little things are highly addictive
if your married get her addicted as soon as possible
Happy Wife Happy Life LOL

The greatest gift god gave man, is his ability to laugh at himself
Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 PM

Maniac 57 and Desert Rat remember we've go women on this forum as well. Just like in Sprint Cup racing its "Drivers start your engines". It's great motor bicycling is no longer just a man thing.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Good thread. We also have a lot of young teens on the site that are trying to stay out of trouble, Has anybody read the Hardknockforum? Some of the language on there would offend a sailor.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

i made this a sticky. good post guys!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I am considering purchasing a motorizedHuffy 26" men's Cranny Beachcruiser The seller says he purchased it for $500 new and wants to sell it for $100. The only problem is a carburetor problem. He says he doesn't know what is wrong with it and doesn't care to get it fixed. He says it works sometimes and other times doesn't. I haven't seen the bike yet but will this week. I do not know what kind of motor it as on it. Can you give me some advise as to whether I should purchase it or not? Thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
I am considering purchasing a motorizedHuffy 26" men's Cranny Beachcruiser The seller says he purchased it for $500 new and wants to sell it for $100. The only problem is a carburetor problem. He says he doesn't know what is wrong with it and doesn't care to get it fixed. He says it works sometimes and other times doesn't. I haven't seen the bike yet but will this week. I do not know what kind of motor it as on it. Can you give me some advise as to whether I should purchase it or not? Thanks
Glenda look the bike and engine over real good for cracks. Take pictures of the bike and find out as much information as possible about it. (Type of engine, cc size, etc...). Make sure the tank doesn't leak. Things like that. Also depending on where you live in Florida you could have police harassment. Some locations are worse than others. So look up and read Florida's moped laws. (Must have peddles, under 50 cc, no manual clutching, no manual gear shifting). Once you've gotten pictures and information then post it and we can better help you. If you have a friend who knows something about motorized bikes then take this person with you.

Most of us here are very hardcore about our bikes and wouldn't give them up when something simple could fix them. So I'm suspicious of the reason why this person wants to sell his bike in the first place. If you don't have an experienced builder with you don't buy it until after you post pictures and information here first.

Last edited by LR Jerry; 06-02-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

my motor wont turn over when i pedal bike do you know what could be wrong stephen1
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

The motors probably blown and jammed with the metal fragments that's what happens when they let go go
Old 06-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
The motors probably blown and jammed with the metal fragments that's what happens when they let go go
Really? Thats what you got?
Wow.