Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: The Violator is born!

Yes, you have a kinda mean bike going there. I have to admit the name made me laugh, but the bike is cool. It feels a little perverted to call it the Violator, just saying Peace
and happy riding
-LS
Old 05-14-2011, 11:30 PM

The thing about building these bikes in this day and age is that the ingenuity and creativity of our ancestors is reawakening. Those folks that take the time to piece together a machine from old parts, fabricate parts what ever or however putting together a machine that works. Well that is refreshing, regardless to rather it is a Indian clone, boardie or huffy with a bolt on kit. The Individualism and creativity shows threw on the end project.

Thatís a good thing in this modern age of carbon copy products. Most anybody with credit can go down to the store and get a turn key motorcycle, scooter or moped now days. My hat goes off to each and every one of you that have built your own little machine.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty proud of this build. I just hope it stays running this time. This is the 4th incarnation of this particular MB. The name is new, though. My first bike ran for over a year. I just had bad luck with this bike. It started out with a 66cc engine, and one of the rear mounting bolts snapped. I used the engine from my first bike to rebuild, and that engine broke down thanks to the piston rings burning up. Then I put another 48cc on it with a centrifugal clutch. Didn't know the centrifugal clutches were junk. $130 down the drain right there. Then I got this 66cc on ebay from luckyearlybird. Had the engine for a couple weeks or so, but was waiting till I had the money to paint. The bike was disassembled down to the bare frame for painting. By pure chance I found that old bike at the scrap yard, and it had all the parts I wanted. Then I painted it over a couple days, and began the process of rebuilding. I was able to get the majority of the rebuilding done in one afternoon. Quickest, easiest, and smoothest rebuild yet for me.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:45 PM

am i missing it or is there really only 1 mount for that front fender?

seems dangerous if that's the case....
Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 PM

nice build BBB ...
Old 05-15-2011, 09:09 PM

There's only one mount but it's a shorty fender so it's no big deal
Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 PM

It has two tabs, just no sissy bars like the giant fenders you see on bikes nowadays. The fender came that way, it doesn't even have a spot to attach sissy bars. The handlebars, seat, fender and headlight are all from a vintage ten speed that was sold by grant's department stores. Grant's closed their doors permanently in 1976.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:23 PM

i'd personally swap it out. if that bolt vibrates loose even a little bit the back part could sag and take out your tire, giving you a flat on a good day and sending you over the handlebars at 30mph on a bad day.

just my opinion.

rest of it looks good and the seat looks especially cumfy.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 PM

Nah, the tabs aren't slotted, just a round hole straight through. I put the work in to save these vintage parts. Polished all the chrome. I'm not changing the fender. I will put some loctite on the bolt when I get a chance, though. I will add it to the list I made of final adjustments. Sorry, but I got exactly the look I wanted here, so if I change even one little thing, it will mess with perfection. Just not gonna do it.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM

Thanks for all the compliments, though, guys. Means a lot to me.