Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Motoring in alaska!!!

I am pretty new at this bike stuff, I have always been a car person. I still love the classics, I have a 52 chevy deluxe and a mint 79 ford f250. My father-in-law built a bike and when I rode it I had to have one! I have ordered my engine (grubee) and I am currently looking for a bike. Want to keep it like a rat rod, flat black with white walls and red rims. Hard to get stuff here in alaska, shipping cost will put you in the poor house. But when a man has a project somethings have to be done. So if you have any suggestions I would be open to them, or if you have any tuning tech, or stay away from that part knowlede please share! Thanks!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Smile Re: Motoring in alaska!!!

Hello Grady, Welcome to
Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Motoring in alaska!!!

i hope it is not a new grubee sky hawk.. i just got one and had all kinds of problems with it.. one thing after another till i just scraped it. i ordered a mega motors kit and got a old skyhawk kit. it looks to be the same as the first one i got, and it was a great lil motor, rest its soul. so im looking forward to see if how this one holds up.

i would go with a zoombicycles motor if you can get one. its the most solid motor iv seen yet. my new skyhawk has a goofy head that smashed my NGK plug, cut a ring in my piston and had M6 head bolts thats would not hold it down or would break..

and by the way.. welcome to the forum!

classic, cruiser, rat rod, vintage