2 weeks ago i was having no spark, got around to ordering some parts, ordered a new cdi because a few people here said they go more often then magnetos, anyways it didn't fix the problem so i opened the magneto panel and apparently some water and road salt had gotten in there and i'm guessing it's fried now. not sure how it got in it wasn't a very wet day the one time i rode it, and i had never opened that panel before today so the gasket should have been safe and solid.
anyways before i go and order another part that i actually don't need (although i'm pretty sure i do) i'd like to test it. new cdi new spark plug and no spark.
any ideas how to test it? my dads a former electrician so he has a few good meters if those are needed.
and how can i prevent anything from getting into that compartment in the future.
searching magneto testing didn't work very well for me so figured i'd ask, thanks.
guessing this is dead right?