Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

So frustrating. I just don't have a spare nano second to swap out my defunct springers and really need my MB. Not just because it was 60F here yesterday!!!!!! (60!!! snork) But need ability to get to some access roads to where the Floating Hotdog cart will be tied up the goof factor and mad scientist appearance help in breaking the ice with folks I am just meeting and is, no kidding part of my marketing strategy. Ah, I need a break and gonna just swap em out. Had to find out what failed to post here any way. Maybe they can be salvaged. That would be cool. Well, just figured out my morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
I've been very busy, working nearly as hard on the bike as I do at work. Posted more details and pics in the "Scored a Higgins" thread under Board Trackers & Vintage. I haven't yet figured out how to post 'em twice in two different places on here. It already begins to look like how I pictured in my head. The ancient Higgins grows awesome.
Great Build Allen. http://motorbicycling.com/f38/scored-higgins-20966.html Is good to read your up and running again! Are you all healed up?

Just a thunk as I never figured out how to post pics 2ce by renaming, I post on photobucket or some thing like that. Then can post link or pic.

Happy Saturday and more important Happy Spring an' ridding weather one and all!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Yesterday, I made the 18 mile round trip commute to the parknride. I catch the bus to work from there. I have the only motorized bike at the parknride. There are a few bicycles, 50cc scooters and motorcycles parked there daily, but I am the only motorized bike.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Custom MB Buiilder

I read the page and you Guys got me laughing so hard I forgot what I was going to say!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 PM

Rode about 25 miles to the bicycle show here today at Daddy Katz. It was perfect Ohio weather at almost 70 degrees and much fun was had by all at the show. There was a great turn out with over a hundred entries in the show and I won $65 on the first 50/50 raffle of the day. I picked up 2 brand new Shimano CB-E110 hubs with 26 in. rims and 12 ga spokes and all of the hardware still in the package and 18 tooth sprockets for $15 each and bought a cool Daddy Katz shirt. Here are a few pics of local bikes that were there. I got to meet many of the local enthusiasts and had a total blast... I will be posting all of my pics later on My website listed in my sig below. I think my favorite was the 1947 Serve Cycle pictured next to last...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (501.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 014.JPG (469.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 016.JPG (498.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 037.JPG (597.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 023.JPG (428.2 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 03-19-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Began fabricating the "oil tank" for my Higgins. Would you believe that, in with all the seasonal kitch they had at Goodwill, there was a little stamped-steel mailbox? Looks like it might have been a suggestion box at one time.

I marked a curve along the bottom which followed the curve of the fender, when the top of the mailbox rested against the seatpost. Then, out came the dremel. I curved the flat bottom to match the new overall curve. Later I will sand it, and prime and paint. It'll be holding the batteries to the tail lights.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM

I will have to get a dremel before my next build.

Today I took a ride down the canal and stopped over to see KC in Sunnyslope. We test drove each others bikes & hung out for a minute. KC's a cool guy.

I have the tension issue solved and am no longer using the tensioner. I may use it for the pedal crank side though as there is a slight amount of slack in that chain.

This bike rides really well and the engine feels very powerful. It goes into a "sweet spot" up hill. It takes off from a standstill and I have a feeling that its going to go really fast when I finally open her all the way up. I'm not even at half throttle and going 25-30.

I stopped at the gas station, swiped my card, and spent about $4.00. Started right back up & I was gone before the cars that were already there filling up. It was so cool.

I really don't like the mirror and will try to get over to cycle gear to see if they have something that goes with this bike.

Dig the cool bike lock that came Friday: $37 free shipping on amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bills_bike.jpg (139.1 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg no_tension.jpg (196.6 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg bike_lock.jpg (158.3 KB, 117 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Gutter Rider

I like the looks of that bike Smoothe. That motor made for a very good looking clean install.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 AM

good looking bike smoothe! a 4 stroke might be my next build. anyways about wut i got now lol..put a trek rear rack on off a wrecked roadmaster. replaced sum chain links after looking at it. prolly gonna order a new chain this week. just gotta decide from who lol
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Staff

Products - Master Lock

I want one.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Staff

Took off springer forks. Figured out what failed. They are only spot welded together. I am shocked they held at all. Last pic is my new look. Why is just for now, forever?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg springer forks fail2.jpg (118.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg springer forks fail1.jpg (70.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg springer forks fail.jpg (84.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg springer forks after1.jpg (98.1 KB, 41 views)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner