Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Went to go out for a ride yesterday & noticed my rims & spokes were filthy, so I grabbed a rag for a quick polish. Discovered several spokes loose on the front rim. Back rim was okay though, you might think it'd be the other way around with a rag joint mounted sprocket. Fixed it & took off.

Took it out & about in town, must have driven 20 miles or more. Got within 2 blocks of home when motor stalled out going round the corner, refused to turn over after that. Pedaled home. Yanked the plug, still won't turn over, motor locked up tight. I hope it didn't eat the wrist pin bearing or spit out the G clip, I don't want to have to buy a new jug & piston assembly. It was running great too, only a mild vibration at top end after replacing the titanium pin with the original stainless pin. (Retarding the ignition with a Rocket Key did more to soothe the vibes on my Super Rat than the pin swap, no one makes a recurved ignition CDI for the 1-piece magneto/coil like the Lightning or Jaguar CDI).

Pedaling a hundred Lb. bike 2 blocks left me winded & too tired to want to work on it right then, so I parked it, intending to try again today. But now the wife has a couple projects for me to do, fix the wash machine & mother's leaky garbage disposal. Maybe later...
Old 04-18-2014, 05:29 PM

Ordered, and received a wheel set, front with a drum brake to replace the "less than effective" band brake I had on. This required removal of fork and all associated parts, which I've been waiting to do anyway. I welded a boss on fork to keep drum where it's supposed to be. Repainted fork, added new brake lever, twist throttle unit,and grips. I am reworking my front fender for a more 1900's look, so, while I had it off I put a set of board track bars on and tooled around town, just for fun. Got some really curious looks, which is always fun. I spent today replacing my tiller bars so I can sit up right to save my back. Fun fun fun!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

nothing special, just took some pics. oh wait i made a custom dual exhaust! has a real nice double pop when slowing down with the clutch engaged.

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps2d9cc0c4.jpg

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps88491f68.jpg

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...psa719ae77.jpg
Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Oh! almost forgot to mention this, i've been seriously debating on getting this!

http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engine5.htm
Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchiesgalore View Post
Oh! almost forgot to mention this, i've been seriously debating on getting this!

http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engine5.htm

That is a serious fabrication job to put an engine like that on a bike, not to mention that is a liquid cooled engine and will require a proper radiator, hope you plan to be using a well built high end bike If you ever attempt that one.

One another note.... dang bro you better get a rear brake hooked up on that bike....! you are riding dangerously for sure, and why are the side covers removed from your engine.. dont get a pant leg caught or thats another possible face plant...!

Ride safe and get a good rear brake on that thing....

Map
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
That is a serious fabrication job to put an engine like that on a bike, not to mention that is a liquid cooled engine and will require a proper radiator, hope you plan to be using a well built high end bike If you ever attempt that one.

One another note.... dang bro you better get a rear brake hooked up on that bike....! you are riding dangerously for sure, and why are the side covers removed from your engine.. dont get a pant leg caught or thats another possible face plant...!

Ride safe and get a good rear brake on that thing....

Map
I'm hoping to use this type of bike.

http://youtu.be/JISkBOg0OHc
Old 04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

i dont like the side covers, i love seeing the mechanics of the engine or should i say clutch and magneto, oh i know about the brakes. im waiting till i can afford some new parts for it. i still got my front brake and it works just as well.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

in my opinion i think we should be turning the members on to these morini engines. they have been a proven reliable engine for years now. ktm, husquvarna, and even Harley Davidson used these engines.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping to use this type of bike.

http://youtu.be/JISkBOg0OHc
Yeah that fella has one of those water cooler ones he's planning to put on his bike... should make a good one.

best wishes..

http://youtu.be/9gbjwCBfV6w

Map
Old 04-18-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
in my opinion i think we should be turning the members on to these morini engines. they have been a proven reliable engine for years now. ktm, husquvarna, and even Harley Davidson used these engines.
many here have known about them and some have been running them for several years, personally I like the inexpensive china girls on my bikes, easy to tinker with and very inexpensive, most people dont have the money for the morini engines or the tools and ability to set them up on a bike, I have a Roketa 150cc scooter that I paid less for than what those Morini engines cost, I do like them and I know they are good, but the majority of the people on the forum or the majority of the ones that find it and want to build a bike up are looking at inexpensive, I have two Motorcycles for when I want to really get serious including the Scooter for a fun 60mph ride, but I enjoy my motorized bikes probably the most and it is just a fun hobby for me that I can continue because the HT ( Happy Time ) engines are cheap and easy to set up, they can be very dependable if built right also.

Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner