Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I pedaled mine home. ugh. The clutch blew up somehow. I was riding at 25mph and it started making a metallic racket. I thought it was a bearing or con rod, but the clutch was locked up. I'll have to pull the motor and figure out what happened. I hope the engine is ok!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM

Got my "on a budget/scrap parts build" running today. Been riding it around and making adjustments. My chain tensioner wheel sucks. Gotta get a new one. Tried to make one out of a skateboard wheel but its the wrong type. Got down about an 1/8 and it was solid plastic.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM

I mounted one of those 24v currie motors on my bike today for commuting. It rained all day so I have only ridden it around the block so far. I bought the kit used, so I need to test the battery endurance before I try to commute to work on it. I'll do a post on it after I sort a few things out and take some pics.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post

really sorry for the hard time buddy.... I know it stinks, just hope this nation wakes up and throws the bums out before its to late.

Map
Same here. Times are tough all around lately, and for some even more than others. I remember a famous comedian saying something about how politicians are like diapers: they should be changed often and for the same reason.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 10-13-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
Same here. Times are tough all around lately, and for some even more than others. I remember a famous comedian saying something about how politicians are like diapers: they should be changed often and for the same reason.
Amen to that bro...........!

What we have now are mainly a bunch of elitist self-serving moochers off the hard working mans money, all they have is what they take from us and they treat we the people as if we owe them something and are completely clueless as to what the term "public servant" means.
A bunch of power hungry tyrants behind a fancy suite and a smile.

Ok ok...... ill get off my soap box now!

Peace, Map
Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 PM

Just rain here last couple of days so no riding for me and I just laid up inside and watched football most of the day........

Map
Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 PM

No rain here, yet. I've only looked at my bike as I go to work or when I come home the last few days. I really don't know how much longer I can continue in this line of work.....

Ah, the joys of being 'Joe Taxpayer' and helping all the deadbeats stay deadbeats.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:29 AM

Seems like Ive been living at my shop lately lol, I really haven't but by the time I get out of there its dark...and cold.

Well today, rather this evening I called up my bud and we cranked the bikes up and took an hour long stroll around town. Was a good time, low traffic, hit a bunch of bike paths. Downside, it was 44 degrees and dark. By the time we got back my clutch hand was pretty stiff (Guess that clutch wheel mod would be handy to have!) and dang my knees were cold lol.

This will be my last ride until I get tires. The ones Im using are the same ones that came with the used wheels I bought and even though I inspected them before the ride once we got back the tires are splitting at the seams from dry rot.

Dan.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 PM

Today I upgraded to a nt carb from a CNS omg its so much better way more simple and I upgraded to a performance exhaust
One question about the not carb the air switch at the back should be kept open at all times?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock out View Post
Today I upgraded to a nt carb from a CNS omg its so much better way more simple and I upgraded to a performance exhaust
One question about the not carb the air switch at the back should be kept open at all times?
I like my NT a lot. Very simple, very easy, give no trouble (unless I leave the petcock open for over a day).

This "not carb the air switch": are you asking about the choke?
If it's the choke, you should only really need it when starting during cold weather. Once the engine is warm, you just slide the lever down and forget about it.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner