Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I didn't ride it, but, if I did I could blow every one else off the road with their golf carts. It's getting up to around 45mph now on the straight a ways in the country. Of course I will not drive it on the highways that fast. I will stay within the law. It's a little scary. The bike I'm sure will hit 50

Last edited by Dan; 07-18-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 PM

^lol

Just don't try and race a RZR-S.

Put 20 mi on it after I: cleaned both chains, adjusted the rear wheel, greased the throwout arm, clutch shaft, cleaned that cavity and cover, and adjusted the rear brake and both chains.

Took me the better part of 2 hours. lol But I was also helping dad with the water heater.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Rode it back and forth to work for the last time till Tuesday. Monday my replacement wheel gets here. I am having my wife take me to work the next two days, then sunday and monday I have off. So Monday I will be removing the back wheel with the broken spoke, then removing my gearbox to re-torque and possibly add lockwashers to my crankcase bolts, because I've detected a small oil leak. Then swapping everything over to the new wheel and putting everything back together.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:18 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Today I went to the postoffice and shipped off the last TWO CDI "CLONES" I had built and "TESTED" to a freind . So rode around the back out skirts of town cause it was such a beautiful day . Coming around back into town I spotted one those speed check trailers up ahead . Maybe a half a mile in front of me . Just then the Overland PD rip out in front of me and pulled the car way a head of me over. Now I'm at the trailer and its not reading my speed. It appears that cop was using the trailer in his speed trap. Then when I got home and opened all my mail and e-mail found I been given a instruction manual on how to install kickstand , like I'm a newbie or something . My chair suffered the worst when I fell out of it laughing my a$$ off.

Last edited by Huffydavidson; 07-18-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 PM

The weather is miserable out. It rained this morning and hot this afternoon. Humidity is awful. I just gave it a polish job and checked the nuts and bolts. Everything looks OK for tomorrow hopefully.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 PM

Replaced filter and fuel lines before riding to work
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

I'm still working on it . Order a Xtra tall centerstand stand from CROW CYCLE CO. the other day and after placing my leed I browse through the other items that he has . I found this reallllllyyyyyy cool beach cruiser seat with three springs , so I'm "CLONING" the design and I think its definitely going to change the ride of blue . Back to the clone cave ! AHAHA.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:04 AM

I put my motorcycle cover (yes its an actual motorcycle cover, doesn't mean I think my bike is a motorcycle, the cover itself was made for motorcycles) on my bike in case it rains before Monday. Since the bike isn't going anywhere till I make the necessary repairs, I figured why let it sit and get rained on. It seemed like it was going to storm when I put it on, and that was the original reason. It ended up not storming unfortunately, but I figured may as well leave the cover on till then.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Replaced the wide whitewall tires on The Pig II. They were much too "squirmy" feeling even at full pressure. They were too soft to give me the handling I prefer.
Swapped out for a plain hard knobby in front and a new street tread on the back.
Rides much better now.
Still breaking the new engine in and it still runs blubbery rich.
Already planning the new pipe.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:44 AM

maniac, if you're ever in the market for some really durable street tires, the kenda k838's are on amazon for $15 and prime eligible (free 2 day shipping with prime membership). I have over 100 miles on mine (not a lot really, but enough for lower quality tires to start showing wear from motorized use), and they still look like they did the day I installed them. Just a little fyi fwiw ymmv lol k.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner