Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Yesterday I bought some Royal Purple motor oil (switching brands from the wallyworld supertech oil). So today I changed my oil when I got home from work. I also changed my throttle cable, since I got a new cable clamp (lost the old clutch cable clamp I was using on my throttle cable a few weeks ago, had been using a brake cable clamp but didnt care much for it). I also drilled a small hole in my throttle linkage to hook my return spring to, so the darn thing won't slide down and make the throttle cable loose. Has happened in the past, making it difficult to slow down or STOP when I need to lol. Anyway, all is good now. Just waiting for a new front brake cable to get here and once I change that, its back to just regular routine maintenance for awhile thankfully lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I drilled out the brass plug on my CNS V3 carb.........holy schniekes!!! I just thought it was run'n good before the operation! About 3/4 turn counter-clockwise really woke that machine up!

Turns out that I didn't have the bearing cones just right. Gotta tighten them babies again. Oh well, idle hands and all that, I guess!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 PM

^How difficult was it to drill the plug out? I'm looking at getting one of those carbs myself, to replace my current CNS V3.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:12 PM

I just drilled it with a small bit, then threaded a screw into the hole (be careful, it's not too thick). You can then just pop the plug by pulling the screw with some pliers.............took about a minute to do. Made a world of difference! The bike can easily take off from a standing start with no pedaling...........not much throttle and not hardly any clutch slippage.

After the adjustment, I also had to adjust down the idle screw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (255.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by xseler; 06-18-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:15 PM

Cool. I've got a drill handy. I know what my first mod will be when I get a new carb. lol
Thanks for that info.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM

My Shinko 2.75-21 rear tire arrived today. Funny, it measured 3" wide @ the outside "cleats". These cleats are @ the edge and sidewall of the tire, for offroading. Since I won't be doing that, I decided to "amputate" them.....all 184 of them. Eliminating them would narrow the tire from 3.00" to 2.5625" (2" and 9/16"). Thus, clearances would widen dramatically. One chainstay had MINUS .0625". Modifying the tire gives it approximately .+20" clearance. Other side seat stay will increase from .0625" to .2625".

Took me 1.5 hours to remove most of the rubber off of 184 rubber cleats. Actually it came off WAY too easy, which means that ALL of the tire's cleats are kinda soft. I hope the tire lasts me awhile before any cleats start ripping off.

It felt odd removing rubber off a brand new tire, much like how some track racers machine off part of the tread of a brand new racing tire. Sadly, this is the only way a 26" motorcycle tire will fit into my cruiser without "massaging" the dropout. There IS no smaller-size 26" tire I could find. My 3" X 21" Dunlop tire will fit perfectly in the motorcycle fork I'm gonna use on this bike.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crassius View Post
#73 - .024" - .61mm

never even tried one that small, are you sure that isn't too lean to get up hills?
I run that size for last 4 years in one of my bikes with a very free flowing exhaust and a 32T sprocket on a 24" wheel now, I ride 30+ mile round trips with a 4 moderate hills along the way, spark plug runs nice medium chocolate brown and the engine only 4 strokes at very low speed with only small amount of throttle being used.

I worked this jet size up by trial of plug checking and it works great on 3 of my engines, never any lean issues at all with this jet size on my bikes.

Map
Old 06-19-2013, 05:17 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Rode only 18miles on break-in. My new DAX balanced bottom is almost broke-in . I have a couple of projects going on at the same time, so I try get something done on each of them. Tonight I cut up my Dollar General shopping cart cut up for the trailer I'm making and ready for assembly . I also finished another modified CDI for a customer to fund the trailer project. Sorry no pics or videos so put down the remote Dodge . LOL

Last edited by Huffydavidson; 06-19-2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 AM

^Bahahaha
You knew what I was going to ask.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I worked this jet size up by trial of plug checking and it works great on 3 of my engines, never any lean issues at all with this jet size on my bikes.
good to know, as there seem to be a LOT of non-obvious differences in these motors - makes it hard to determine what is best for which motor

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner