Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Tightened the mounts, gave it a little gas, and rode it.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Mixed up a bit more break in mix and filled up for a cruise... 23 km/14 miles in the sunshine. The (drive) chain guard had to be tightened down part way through, but that's about it.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 PM

made a few adjustments to my double kickstand, my seatpost clamp, and put some medium strength threadlocker on my pedals after I discovered one of them was a tad loose. I then borrowed my wife's smartphone for a gps speedo and went for a quick ride to find out my top speed (30mph).
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

lets see, I matched the exhaust pipe intake and gasket to the 40mm exhaust port. completed some stinger/silencer/pipe to slip on and clamp to the black cat. Which was wire drill brushed to plain stainless. Painted the chain guard aluminum to match engine color. painted weird exhaust experiment aluminum as well.

Magneto and new magnet should arrive tomorrow. put back together the "roll your own " that was actually good to fire the serious ignition to the BP6HS plug. Have already installed new (10) dollar mystery box. I just hope to ride.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 AM

After sitting idle for 7 months, I'm back to riding my bike 6 miles to work. The Tanaka 47R engine started easily with 100:1 gas ratio. However, during the shakedown, it ripped out the chain, back derailleur and hanger. I had to shorten the chain to use 8th gear only and hobble to and from the bike shop for parts. After breaking the chains four times, I readjusted the derailleur and spaced out the front sprockets and reversed their mounting bolts. The chain was derailling up front, jamming on the nuts and breaking apart. With more spacing and flatter head bolts, I'm not having chain jumping/chain breaking issues any more.

Riding to work is like a 25-minute amusement ride, lol. And NOTHING! beats shifting gears!

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 04-26-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM

Got it done.. GOOD WORK!!!!! ....With my system i cannot put shift kits on..but the cops won't like that anyway...they will know!!!! shift kits on motorized bicycles are not leagal where i am.

Last edited by Blakenstein; 04-26-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 PM

Blakenstein, which motor system do you have?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:53 PM

My junk-bin headlight has some very old plastic inside it, and one edge of where the bulb holder fastens into the reflective dish gave out. I pulled it apart, mixed up some JB Weld and put it back together. After that I pulled the exhaust apart, cleaned it and packed/spread/smoothed JB around where there appears to be a pinhole in the weld job. Now it has to cure for a while before I can do much else with it.

I'm thinking of pulling the head and checking that gasket as well. When I wiped everything off there was some stuff that could have been from that gasket, or could have been from the exhaust leak spatter in the area.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
Blakenstein, which motor system do you have?
I've got the Bridgestone Titan 35cc and 48cc rack mount rear chain drive. My chain drive is to the HUb .
This month right now is five years for the 35cc and still running.!! Bikes my only form of transport besides my feet so I use it alot!!!
Right through the winter.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM

Welp...Yesterday, I took off my front derailler (dead weight), and took off my rear derailer, sized up my chain to tighten it, nope, too loose, went to shed, resurrected a better derailler, swapped parts, put it on, swapped the crappy chain for a less crappy one, screwed in the adjuster screw as far as it would go to achieve my fixed gear (20 speeds are disabled, 1 is able)

And I slimed my tires, nice to feel insured!

Annnnd Today!
Suspect a mild air leak as I have a slight fast up and down idle problem with my RT carb, so I drizzled some contact cement on the suspect areas.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner