Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Lost Tools re-found?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ide=more205393

Here is a link about a Central Subway being built is San Francisco. 1.6 Billion Dollars and maybe 8 Million Dollars to add another station to take the tool (Tunnel Drill) out of the ground.

They only go forward. If not able to buy for 8 million land space to remove the drill, the Tunnel Drill will be buried to remain in the ground.

Years may pass and some one finds the drill and says who left this here?

Finders Keepers?

MT
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEASURE TWICE View Post
Lost Tools re-found?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ide=more205393

Here is a link about a Central Subway being built is San Francisco. 1.6 Billion Dollars and maybe 8 Million Dollars to add another station to take the tool (Tunnel Drill) out of the ground.

They only go forward. If not able to buy for 8 million land space to remove the drill, the Tunnel Drill will be buried to remain in the ground.

Years may pass and some one finds the drill and says who left this here?

Finders Keepers?

MT
From what I remember about these machines they can back up a short distance, but are not made to back up the distance that they bore the total tunnel. They go to the end that they want to bore and then they many times back them up a little and bore a side tunnel and leave it there to rust away.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM

Painted my suspension forks yesterday and got them almost installed. A customer showed up so I didn't quite finish. If it don't rain too much today I'll get out there, finish it up and snap a pic.
fatdaddy.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM

took my back wheel off today after hearing my bearings squealing yet again...after removing the cone nut i noticed the retaining washer that is grooved to let the bearings spin was bent and twisted...i also noticed my back sprocket was slightly off...hope that didnt ruin my rear wheel...off to the bike shop 18 miles away on foot...and its drizzling here...yay...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
took my back wheel off today after hearing my bearings squealing yet again...after removing the cone nut i noticed the retaining washer that is grooved to let the bearings spin was bent and twisted...i also noticed my back sprocket was slightly off...hope that didnt ruin my rear wheel...off to the bike shop 18 miles away on foot...and its drizzling here...yay...
Sorry to here about yer bike, BUT DUDE, Don't they believe in public transportation where you live? 18 miles on foot? Good Luck bro.
fatdaddy.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

i put on a pirate cycles high comp. head ,,i'm running a GT-5 grubee ,,took 5min. to install ,,high quality billet head,, i also installed a pirate cycle hub adapter w/36 tooth sprocket ,,that combination has turned my gas bike into a SMOOTH OPERATOR,,32.6mph,,also run an exspansion chamber,,nt "raceing carb"? on a billet intake manifold w/ boost bottle,,now i need more brake,,i built a greenline beach cruiser and just the coaster brake is not enough ,,HAPPY MOTORING
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry57 View Post
i put on a pirate cycles high comp. head ,,i'm running a GT-5 grubee ,,took 5min. to install ,,high quality billet head,, i also installed a pirate cycle hub adapter w/36 tooth sprocket ,,that combination has turned my gas bike into a SMOOTH OPERATOR,,32.6mph,,also run an exspansion chamber,,nt "raceing carb"? on a billet intake manifold w/ boost bottle,,now i need more brake,,i built a greenline beach cruiser and just the coaster brake is not enough ,,HAPPY MOTORING
Yeah Larry, Coaster brakes SUCK at 35mph. I built a Cranbrook and put a Schwinn solid fork that had the cantilever bosses on it just so I would have brakes. Right now I'm in the middle of putting on a cheapo suspension fork. So now I should have a little softer ride and still have my front V brakes. It takes away from the OLD SCHOOL look a little, but I'm getting a little older and a softer ride sounds great. And I figure V brakes are better than NO brakes.
fatdaddy.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM

Maybe I didn't do the best at putting my own bosses welded on both front and back brakes of an old school bike, this being the JC Penny Foremost from 60's era, but the V's are actual Shimano brand from other bike parts.

Having shocks on the front though are very nice though!

MT
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Administrator

added a thudbuster seat post to my electric bicycle. pretty nice but way over priced
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
added a thudbuster seat post to my electric bicycle. pretty nice but way over priced
Yeah Paul, But ya gotta think about yer personal "bottom end". How much is it worth to have a softer ride. I'd put one on my bike if it didn't raise the seat so darned high. I like my bars high and my seat low. I put on a Micargi sprung seat which is a little better than the stock Huffy, but I would still like a little more cushion at my age. If I ever build another personal bike it's gonna have a rear shock, FOR SURE.
fatdaddy.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner