Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors



Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4751  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 AM
MEASURE TWICE MEASURE TWICE is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,780
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Lost Tools re-found?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ide=more205393

Here is a link about a Central Subway being built is San Francisco. 1.6 Billion Dollars and maybe 8 Million Dollars to add another station to take the tool (Tunnel Drill) out of the ground.

They only go forward. If not able to buy for 8 million land space to remove the drill, the Tunnel Drill will be buried to remain in the ground.

Years may pass and some one finds the drill and says who left this here?

Finders Keepers?

MT
Reply With Quote
  #4752  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
dracothered's Avatar
dracothered dracothered is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Howell, MI.
Posts: 974
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEASURE TWICE View Post
Lost Tools re-found?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ide=more205393

Here is a link about a Central Subway being built is San Francisco. 1.6 Billion Dollars and maybe 8 Million Dollars to add another station to take the tool (Tunnel Drill) out of the ground.

They only go forward. If not able to buy for 8 million land space to remove the drill, the Tunnel Drill will be buried to remain in the ground.

Years may pass and some one finds the drill and says who left this here?

Finders Keepers?

MT
From what I remember about these machines they can back up a short distance, but are not made to back up the distance that they bore the total tunnel. They go to the end that they want to bore and then they many times back them up a little and bore a side tunnel and leave it there to rust away.
Reply With Quote
  #4753  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Painted my suspension forks yesterday and got them almost installed. A customer showed up so I didn't quite finish. If it don't rain too much today I'll get out there, finish it up and snap a pic.
fatdaddy.
Reply With Quote
  #4754  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Wickedest1's Avatar
Wickedest1 Wickedest1 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: connecticut
Posts: 663
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

took my back wheel off today after hearing my bearings squealing yet again...after removing the cone nut i noticed the retaining washer that is grooved to let the bearings spin was bent and twisted...i also noticed my back sprocket was slightly off...hope that didnt ruin my rear wheel...off to the bike shop 18 miles away on foot...and its drizzling here...yay...
__________________
Thats a lot of moving parts...hope it all works...
FD4E
Reply With Quote
  #4755  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
took my back wheel off today after hearing my bearings squealing yet again...after removing the cone nut i noticed the retaining washer that is grooved to let the bearings spin was bent and twisted...i also noticed my back sprocket was slightly off...hope that didnt ruin my rear wheel...off to the bike shop 18 miles away on foot...and its drizzling here...yay...
Sorry to here about yer bike, BUT DUDE, Don't they believe in public transportation where you live? 18 miles on foot? Good Luck bro.
fatdaddy.
Reply With Quote
  #4756  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
larry57 larry57 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st james ctiy ,fl
Posts: 20
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

i put on a pirate cycles high comp. head ,,i'm running a GT-5 grubee ,,took 5min. to install ,,high quality billet head,, i also installed a pirate cycle hub adapter w/36 tooth sprocket ,,that combination has turned my gas bike into a SMOOTH OPERATOR,,32.6mph,,also run an exspansion chamber,,nt "raceing carb"? on a billet intake manifold w/ boost bottle,,now i need more brake,,i built a greenline beach cruiser and just the coaster brake is not enough ,,HAPPY MOTORING
Reply With Quote
  #4757  
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry57 View Post
i put on a pirate cycles high comp. head ,,i'm running a GT-5 grubee ,,took 5min. to install ,,high quality billet head,, i also installed a pirate cycle hub adapter w/36 tooth sprocket ,,that combination has turned my gas bike into a SMOOTH OPERATOR,,32.6mph,,also run an exspansion chamber,,nt "raceing carb"? on a billet intake manifold w/ boost bottle,,now i need more brake,,i built a greenline beach cruiser and just the coaster brake is not enough ,,HAPPY MOTORING
Yeah Larry, Coaster brakes SUCK at 35mph. I built a Cranbrook and put a Schwinn solid fork that had the cantilever bosses on it just so I would have brakes. Right now I'm in the middle of putting on a cheapo suspension fork. So now I should have a little softer ride and still have my front V brakes. It takes away from the OLD SCHOOL look a little, but I'm getting a little older and a softer ride sounds great. And I figure V brakes are better than NO brakes.
fatdaddy.
Reply With Quote
  #4758  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM
MEASURE TWICE MEASURE TWICE is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,780
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Maybe I didn't do the best at putting my own bosses welded on both front and back brakes of an old school bike, this being the JC Penny Foremost from 60's era, but the V's are actual Shimano brand from other bike parts.

Having shocks on the front though are very nice though!

MT
Reply With Quote
  #4759  
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM
paul's Avatar
paul paul is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portage, MI
Posts: 5,572
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

added a thudbuster seat post to my electric bicycle. pretty nice but way over priced
Reply With Quote
  #4760  
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
added a thudbuster seat post to my electric bicycle. pretty nice but way over priced
Yeah Paul, But ya gotta think about yer personal "bottom end". How much is it worth to have a softer ride. I'd put one on my bike if it didn't raise the seat so darned high. I like my bars high and my seat low. I put on a Micargi sprung seat which is a little better than the stock Huffy, but I would still like a little more cushion at my age. If I ever build another personal bike it's gonna have a rear shock, FOR SURE.
fatdaddy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Sponsors

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
MotorBicycling.com