Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I went to put a final coat of paint on a tank today. While adusting the position of it so I could get the right angles for the final passes, it fell off the paint hook, bounced down two steps, and landed in the mud. I wiped off the worst of the wet muck, but now it's back to square one there. I was going to finish a small touch-up on the frame, then found that while the spray can seems to have paint left, it has no propellant left. Now I need to go get another can of paint.... *sigh*...

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
I went to put a final coat of paint on a tank today. While adusting the position of it so I could get the right angles for the final passes, it fell off the paint hook, bounced down two steps, and landed in the mud. I wiped off the worst of the wet muck, but now it's back to square one there. I was going to finish a small touch-up on the frame, then found that while the spray can seems to have paint left, it has no propellant left. Now I need to go get another can of paint.... *sigh*...
Thank God, I thought it was only me that had day's like that. Sorry about yer problems, But I've had days when I painted something, DROPED IT, painted it again and DROPED IT again. Thought it was just me. The mud was a nice touch though.
fatdaddy.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM

Once in a while I'm lucky enough to find out in advance, it's one of those days.. today, not so much. So, next weekend I'll have to sand it all down and start again.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 PM

CT,
That's worse than rotten luck. I guess we've all be through it but that doesn't make it any easier for you.
Have to agree with fatdaddy that the mud is a touch above the ordinary. It says Vancouver in the winter time perfectly.

Steve.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Well since I'm not going for the freshly painted look and going found in the barn look I don't have to worry about dropping it in the mud.

Sorry just had to do it...
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM

Put my rickety chain tensioner back on after trying to fabricate a"bridge" tensioner that failed the moment it was installed... I did however prep my bike and tensioner for welding tho...hope this rain stops so I can ride...cold is one thing, cold rain is a whole other demon...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM

I finally got a chance to sand down my suspension forks and slap a coat of paint on them. They are hanging in the sun drying as I post. This old man is fixin to have a little softer ride. The solid Schwinn forks I am using now are OK, they work just fine, BUT THEY ARE SOLID.
These are the forks Ocho Ninja found on craigslist for me. They were PINK and Ocho thought they would look great on my bike, I had to disagree and painted them blue.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 113.jpg (244.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 PM

I put a #68 jet in my 66cc today and took it for a 15 mile ride. The longest one yet. The smaller jet helped smooth out the engine and picked up a little power. Going to run it like this for a gallon or two then go to a #66 jet. I think that will be just abought right. Still has a lot of four cycle in it. but it still needs a little more breakin time.
I also put a flying Horse kit on my nephew's bike this evening. He rode it home as happy as he could be.

Jimmy
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

INSTALLED A NEW HIGH COMP. HEAD I GOT FROM PIRATE CYCLES ON A GRUBEE GT-5 ,,ITS A MUST HAVE IF YOUR RUNNIG A GRUBEE GT-5 ,BIG DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMACE,,AND IT SEEM'S THE MOTOR IS SMOOTHER ?ALSO INSTALLED A PIRATE CYCLE ADAPTER AND 36 TOOTH SPROCKET ,,BETWEEN THE HEAD AND SPROCKET ,,,I GOT A SMOOTH OPERATOR ,
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM

Tightened my headset a little, and found one of my multi-tools, then put my hands on the grips and made vroom-vroom noises, anticipating next time I get to go for a cruise.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner