Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

new pics...hope you like the look...@fatdaddy...once i put the spring on it disengaged properly...before it wouldnt...but thanks for the info...was about to blast bberry about it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fh1.jpg (165.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg fh2.jpg (308.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg fh3.jpg (262.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg fh4.jpg (154.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 AM

Had my friend follow my in my car, well Speedo is accurate. So mt bike really does 50 mph give or take lol. Guess I need to figure out brakes and ditch the Springer. For those who run triple trees how do you like them? Rough ride?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Looks a lot like my first bike, I called her Zippy. That one hit 45mph pretty easy. Looks like ya took the tank down to the metal. I think if ya polish it with fine steel wool and just put a light coating of oil on it,(to keep it from rusting,) you'll have a good look for the tank.
The triple trees don't ride any harder than any other solid fork and they look cool. I don't like riding them, my old butt just can't take it anymore.
Good lookin bike bro, and if yer hittin 50 then ya did it up right.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:16 PM

Went outside to take the dog out, and found my bike slumped to one side like a drunk dude passed out on his buddy's couch. I had removed one of the hose clamps from my kickstand extension (homebrewed) and replaced it with twist wire, in order to attempt to fix a broken pedal. The twist wire didnt hold as good as I thought it would. Since I have replaced my pedals, I found the hose clamp and put it back on my kickstand. Its good as new now.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
Went outside to take the dog out, and found my bike slumped to one side like a drunk dude passed out on his buddy's couch. I had removed one of the hose clamps from my kickstand extension (homebrewed) and replaced it with twist wire, in order to attempt to fix a broken pedal. The twist wire didnt hold as good as I thought it would. Since I have replaced my pedals, I found the hose clamp and put it back on my kickstand. Its good as new now.
Apolgize to her and promise to NEVER do that again. She'll probably forgive you.
fatdaddy
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Apolgize to her and promise to NEVER do that again. She'll probably forgive you.
fatdaddy
She's ok I think. She wasn't on the ground, just slouching pretty bad. The chain I lock her up with was holding her up and keeping her from laying on the ground. She knows I'm sorry though.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 PM

When I first came out and saw it like that, I thought someone had either deliberately messed with it, or had hit it with their car. It wasn't until I came back from walking my dog and repositioned the bike to be able to assess the situation, that I realized it was my own fault. What's especially strange about it is the fact that I removed the one hose clamp from the kickstand over a week ago, and its been fine until now. But, at least I didn't lose any gas and no serious damage to the bike occurred.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
She's ok I think. She wasn't on the ground, just slouching pretty bad. The chain I lock her up with was holding her up and keeping her from laying on the ground. She knows I'm sorry though.
She already knows yer sorry about it. All the good ones are intuitive like that.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:04 PM

today..charged the battery.....opened up the intake retrictor plate....struggled with the junk clutch some more.... ordered parts
Old 11-22-2012, 04:48 PM

So you're disabled?? Well so am I . Yep, after years in welding shops, loading docks, construction sites, oil tool machining plants, line pipe coating plants, even helping the midway with their rides during temp lay offs, 7 times with their giant wheel alone, oil well sucker rod recon. etc, I ended up tin bashing sheet metal in Gov. office buildings. Then wham!!!
At home I had an accident critical head injury - double skull fracture - full front brain contusion- nose would not stop dripping brain fluid for 3 days. Witnesses told me that the cops could not get me in the ambulance.
In the hospital I found taser marks all over my body. It was all because of wiskey. I do not drink anymore. Any way, Iv'e red lots of your posts and sometimes you will get some customers that will drive you up the wall and some customers will have nothing but praise for you and actually talk your head off gabbing about all the experiences they've had and all the modifications they made.
You know what really gets to me??? I spend time and energy making my bike video, and not even one reply.
Whats with that dude that we have been trying to help??? Not a word from him lately. If we did not care, we would not have been trying to help him.
Any way, check this out . Your gonna laugh. Here is a link. I go by the name Buuba Neggley in this forum and the kayak forum also.

http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=10901.0

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner