Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Wish I could be there!

Races!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM

Wish I could be there too. I don't build racers but it would be cool to just attend.
I've been a little busy on my bike lately too. I tried a new LED tail light/ brake light and it lasted 10 minutes, burned out. I also tried a LED headlight bulb and it lasted 2 days, burned out. So I'm sticking too regular 12V bulbs for my 12V system. Put on a new 1157 bulb type tail light/brake light and I also put a windscreen on it yesterday. I have one of those cheap retro type speedo's on the way to finish the look I'm going for, Full Dress. Like I said, I don't build racers, just easy riding bikes for the street.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hussy Windscreen.jpg (8.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Hussy Tail light.jpg (5.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 PM

I'm going to ride bikes with my wife. She doesn't ride much. She doesn't like the hot weather.

Plus, I'm going to mow 2 big yards with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZaFe...&feature=g-upl

I got cheap rear flashers for my kid trailer from Dealtime Extreme (DX) for $3 each. They work pretty well, and have 7 patterns of LED flashing.

I got my Staton throttle lever and solder-on cable ends. All right!

If I don't get rained out, it will be a fun weekend! Might even go fishing and bb-gun shooting if I have the time.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 PM

i finally put the rear fender on my jaguar today along with the spare gas tank i had i damaged the other when i was run off the road last month by some jerk who didnt stop *(glad i have a left side mirror)* i didnt break anything on my just alot of road rash and 14 stitches 6 inside and 8 outside on my chin now i sport a goat tee to hide the scar the tank has a 5 inch crease in the top and i poped a weld somewhere near the front (cant find it) also tryed to instal my rear rack but it didnt come with the right bolts for my bike so had to settle for the tank and rear fender im going to take it out in the morning
Old 09-08-2012, 02:52 AM

GWS, hope you make them pay.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
I got cheap rear flashers for my kid trailer from Dealtime Extreme (DX) for $3 each. They work pretty well, and have 7 patterns of LED flashing.
Happycheapskate, I owe you some thanks. Would you believe I've never heard of Deal Extreme until now. I checked out that site, and it looks pretty darn useful. And the stuff is *ahem* reasonably priced. As a government worker, I'm not getting rich, so this site is already bookmarked.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 09-08-2012, 11:51 AM

I use these all the time and they work pretty well. Just don't trust the mount too much, It's a little weak. And it comes from china so shipping takes a little longer. I buy them in lots of ten and resale them to my customers. It's the same stuff everyone in the States sells for $9.95 retail. They buy everything from China too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-R...item3f1c0b698e
fatdaddy.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

This is actually over a few days but,

Put a slide carb on with it's stock jet 0.78mm and it 4 stroked like mad, but the throttle response was amazing. Put the smallest jet in 0.68mm and it only 4 stroked at WOT.

I thought I needed a better expansion chamber so I got the small banana style one, it didn't help with the 4 stroking and seemed to actually hurt the low end and I very little mid-range (my strong point for my bike). It 4 stroked so bad at top end I never got the pipe to "come alive".

I put my old stock carb on and it 4 stroked too!?! I was thinking this pipe was never going to work. Put my old SD speed EC back on it ran OK.

Put on my 32T sprocket and this setup wouldn't drive it properly, it bogged and was obviously over geared, and of course 4 stroked, sigh.

Finally woke up and down jetted the slide carb, we took one from the kit silver soldered it closed and promptly broke the bit. Melted the 2nd one, the third was not melted but severely over heated, but the 4th one stayed up! Drilled it to 0.025 in/.635mm.

Holy freaking cow! No longer 2 stroking! My brother found out that the new pipe works but at 32 mph. So on my first test drive, I got low kept her pegged and down hill I got to 39 mph! On another down slope found I could sit up and hold 37 mph without much vibration, and with the rps up I could hold 36 mph on the flat for nearly a mile. If I'm patient I can get to 34-35mph on flat ground, but it takes a while.

Now I got to get a better low end/middle range ExChamber and see what I get then.
BAWHAHAHAHA!

Last edited by LaLongueCarabine; 09-08-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Installed my center kickstand!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Picked up a Magna Rip Curl and around $300 worth of things off fleabay the other day.

Another year, another build. Now to wait for Fedex...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner