Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1flyingfool View Post
You have to get that cop a bike to ride with you. Pissy neighbor really piss me off
Yeah, he said he'd buy one if I built another one or if I wanted to sell the one I have.
That would be funny, both of us ride by when my neighbor is out in his yard.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I too was tired of fixing flats,I got the thick tubes,some help,not great,next,I got an old tire and cut the beads off,the wire that goes around it,and put it in, Haven't had a flat in a whole year and I ride everyday.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:46 AM

I haven't really had a chance to work too much on my bikes lately, Been to busy fixing my friends and customer bikes. "Tis is the season" I guess. With summer here everyone is dusting off their bikes, riding and breaking them. Just finished another build for a customer, and started a rebuild for a friend that caught his bike on fire. Thats right, burned up in the middle of the street. He had a small gas leak that he thought he could fix "later". Well, later never came. He had to just stand there and watch it burn. Now I'm putting the engine on another frame and replacing the wiring and electrics. I think the engine itself came out OK, We'll see.
fatdaddy.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:58 AM

Dude94,that is priceless!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_gizzle View Post
Dude94,that is priceless!
What cop is gonna pull you over if yer riding with a cop?
fatdaddy.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Gutter Rider

Got up this morning to do my usual ride to work and had a terrible squealing noise on the rear brake? I looked down to see what looked like oil on the caliper 'Hydro' disk brake. Did not see anything any where else.

Had to make a split second decision. Having not seeing anything and no time to get specific I broke my usual ''every day religious habit'' I actually took the truck. I know used a whole weeks worth of gas in one trip.

Did take home some valuable scrap metal for future tinkering tho. I got sheet metal for some battery boxes etc now! That was worth the trip!

Got home and was about to investigate the seals on my caliper . What did I find???

The night before I had a can of concentrate grape juice. In the back yard poring it into a water bottle to put in the freezer in the garage for work the next day.

I split some on the caliper when I accidentally splashed it opening the can lol.

So I detailed the BoXer machine admired it some for how faith full it has been and vowed never to spill that stuff on it again. Will be aback to my regular appointed scheduled tomorrow. .
Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Took a long awaited ride,with fingers crossed,(in my mind;have to hold the bars!)and with some adjustments of the mixture screw.

Pulled harder than on previous trips and hit about 4mph more than usual. I was anxious due to the "new and improved" one way bearing(complete with j.b. Weld) but it was fine. Letting off the throttle........sounds like grinding the clutch in a '71 subaru.

Coming soon: rear disc brake,new rear wheel,and 30 tooth sprocket.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:57 AM

No joke! I got 6 flats in 100 miles with paper tubes, been riding for months with no problems using the thickest tubes I could find (think they were Avenir). Some prankster put a pebble in my air valve but I didn't find out till the tire felt squishy. I rode it "flat" quite a ways. I get mine from www.niagaracycle.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewflores17 View Post
got another flat for the umptenth time well gotta stop being cheap go buy another thick tube and stop useing some old thin cheapys .
Old 06-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

I just got done re-wiring the brake light for a 4-AAA battery pack and a 6V brake lamp. I did some testing a day or so ago on the hunch that it might be brighter that way. It was, so I changed her over from the old 9V LED. I really thought the LED would have been brighter too, but I have my photographer's light meter and it agrees with my eyes.

Well, of course I had to go out on a bit of a cruise to try it out. And, of course, I wasn't paying much attention to anything but cruising while I was out. But the brake light was just as bright when I got home, so I'm all good.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Took the rear fender off as well as the wheel. I'm getting ready to mount the sprocket with a pineapple mount. I need to grind out the center hole on the sprocket to clear the brake arm as well as heat and bend the arm. I have a new vice to put on the work bench. I broke the last one tearing apart some plumbing last year. The new one is twice as big but still no where near the size of my grandpa's old one...I broke that one, too To replace one that size costs $200+ for a new one. I broke the clamping screw on that one. If I knew someone with a lathe maybe they could make a new screw but I don't so it's a new smaller one for me. I just need to be more careful with them.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner