Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Arrow Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

See if you can find this product. It is about $2-8 in USA, at Walmarts. It goes in Maglite. If you use with a 6v lantern battery, pay attention to the polarity of the bulb. It must not be reversed or it won't work and might destroy the bulb. I have one for my fishing light (3 D maglite) it runs hours to all day, and casts a long bright-white beam that doesn't disturb wildlife too badly. Some fish are attracted to it.
http://images.knifecenter.com/knifec.../NILRB07PR.jpg
Nite Ize LED for maglite/flashlight D cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS+RIDEZ View Post
This are all my mode that I have made,Thanks to all of you and other forum, and some fix that I made to.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I have been doing quite a bit of maintenance over the last couple weeks. Maintenance on the bike got neglected over the winter due to the fact that I dont have a garage at my new house. So nothing really got done on the bike this winter unless it was absolutely necessary. Today I cleaned and regapped my spark plug, loosened my clutch cable (I had made it too tight a couple days ago), and greased my bucking bar and my engine gears. I greased the bucking bar because when pushing the bike I had heard a squeaking. After greasing everything I discovered that it was just my new brake pads rubbing my rim a bit.

"and my time is a piece of wax, fallin' on a termite, that's chokin' on the splinters"

"If we change the way we look at things, the things we look at will change"
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Had an interesting afternoon. While in the middle of a newport rebuild(basketcase off Kijijji), another bike I built came back running like crap and backfiring.

So while fighting that this aft, pulled the rotor first but the shear key was fine(first thing to think of when backfiring), or someone monkey'd with it and put on wrong... changed out the cdi(no go), changed mag(no go)... finally looked in the tank and the gas was black. Gah! It was like tar(almost)...

So yea, if someone else is having troubles, check what they put in the tank first and save three hours. I drained the tar out of the tank and bowl, put in my 32:1 and it fired right up.

Some people's kids.

Too windy to ride today anyways.

Keep your miscellaneous parts, and keep your parts miscellaneous.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
See if you can find this product. It is about $2-8 in USA, at Walmarts. It goes in Maglite. If you use with a 6v lantern battery, pay attention to the polarity of the bulb. It must not be reversed or it won't work and might destroy the bulb. I have one for my fishing light (3 D maglite) it runs hours to all day, and casts a long bright-white beam that doesn't disturb wildlife too badly. Some fish are attracted to it.
http://images.knifecenter.com/knifec.../NILRB07PR.jpg
Nite Ize LED for maglite/flashlight D cell
Will see in my local Walmart if can find it.you think that my 6v battery cant be fix to the maglite.Some fish are attracted to it,that's good only need maglite and a fishing net.Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 PM

KillerCanuck, what turned your gas black? Mold? Dirt? Paint? Bad gas? That's strange!

Gas Ridez, if you want to hack a Maglite, I tried it. The old ones have tabs you can bend and solder to or use slide-on connectors. The new ones don't, and you can't solder to the spring or the case. Maybe you could make a spacer to replace the batteries, from PVC, JB putty, and screws, then run the wire out through a grommet, and bond the flashlight to a bracket.

Sorry I wasn't so clear. The standard maglite with 4 D batteries runs literally for a day or more with the LED.

The LED bulb won't work in lantern flashlights unless you modify them. The polarity is wrong for the LED.

Last edited by happycheapskate; 03-28-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:23 PM

lol, by black I meant mixed around 5:1... Oh well, now I know to check that first for next time

That led conversion bulb's a good idea.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:23 PM

Removed the front light as I'm awaiting a handlebar mount type and rode the bike around for a bit. It's running pretty well, actually the best it has ran in a while but still 4-stroking a bit at wot. I'm thinking about changing out the jet to a 0.68 that I purchased a while back.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I broke my intake manifold. That's what I did today.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM

Found that by when braking on the entry to a corner if I begin to accelerate then come off the brakes and go wot that it is pretty hard to make the corner without running wide but when ya get it right f-!& me it's quick. Good luck to ya if ya tryin to catch me in a car in the suburbs

Gotta spend some time on my tacho apparently I'm only getting up to 5500rpm at top speed

Last edited by breno; 03-29-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

today i just put on sgt howard,s new sprocket hub on my schwinn del mar it fit snug and very nicly looks great and was very easy to instal great job on the desine sgt howard it makes the hole bike look loads better thanks to sgt howard for makeing such a great sprocket hub

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner