Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Putting the pumpkin orange finish coat on my frame. Check out my rebuild called: time to repaint it and rebuild it! In paint and chop shop

Last edited by MotorNut123; 12-13-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 12-13-2011, 05:23 PM

@heretolearn, if its sputtering when trying to go WOT, ie. it feels like its cutting out. You could have crud in either your petcock(don't use that little screen thing that goes inside the tank, it does more harm than good, oh and make sure you use the fuel filter -magnet towards the tank), or your float valve might need adjusting. But it sounds like your fuel flow is too low.

Couple of things for you to search, and get a bead on.

gl.

Here, I spent too much money today, calipers for coaster bikes, whiskey for me, and components for making a rectifier(like this one)...(to be assembled after the whiskey's out of my system, of course ) can't find a full wave rectifier in my town to save my life though. What would be something good to harvest one from? Like an old amp? Power supply? hmm

Last edited by killercanuck; 12-13-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: out of my system
Old 12-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorNut123 View Post
Putting the pumpkin orange finish coat on my frame. Check out my rebuild called: time to repaint it and rebuild it! In paint and chop shop
Whoo! Time for the "Why did I put that this way, and put this that way..."

Oh you mean This thread?

*Does shameless plug* because I like your cover trims:

Best luck!

Last edited by killercanuck; 12-13-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:53 PM

You can buy all kinds of electrical components online. Might be cheaper than driving around looking for salvage.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Got my stock 80 cc cruiser bike running better today. I tightend down every thing good and took off the spark plug and cleaned with wd 40 and a wire brush. I set the gap from 24 to 40 and it had a very positive affect on it. I did notice after about 40 minutes of good hard riding it seems to bog down after 28 miles per hour. I then give it a 10 minute break and ride off again. Everything was almost perfect when my chain came off and I had to pedal off to go look for it. I found everthing except the clip for the master link. Oh well I got another kit to pick parts off so Its all good. I will be posting pics of mY cruiser soon.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 AM

It rained HARD this morning, but I rode to work anyway. Thankfully, no slipping or sliding. The engine's idle dropped very low, then died. Thankfully, it started up and ran when I kept the engine idle high. I lost low and midrange power, prolly due to water entering the air cleaner.

I had a rain coat, not rain suit, so my work pants got soaked. My boots got soaked, but kept my socks dry. Thankfully, I had extra clothing at work to change into.

After work, the pullstart string stuck in the "out" position. Winding up by turning the flywheel didn't work, so I removed the pullstart. Expecting a broken spring, I was surprised that the center screw was too tight. Loosening it slightly solved the problem, and I was back on the road. I'll be carrying a spare starter from now on.

Thankfully, the engine and bike ran fine on the way home, albeit with a "too fast" idle.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM

5-7 Heaven...Any idea why your idle went from too slow when you started having problems, to too fast after fixing the pull start?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:16 PM

got a new air filter to try out for $1

there's just no way I can put the old one back on after seeing how much better my bike runs without it. I'll probably put the small one inside the big one for an extra layer of debris protection

Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porch lizard View Post
5-7 Heaven...Any idea why your idle went from too slow when you started having problems, to too fast after fixing the pull start?
porch lizrd, I raised the idle after work, just to be on the safe side. Then I repaired the pullstart.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It seemed that the engine idle smoothed out and lowered. This was after I started using Opti-2.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 PM

Today was not a good day.

It wasn't raining when I left for work this morning, but the roads were wet. Two miles from home, I ran into trouble atop a large hill. A small flat metal object was laying in the road. I came up on it so quickly; if I had swerved fromt its path, the bike would prolly have gone down. There was no choice but to run over it. Immediately after doing so, the bike lost power, so I pulled onto the sidewalk. Whatever I rolled over had kicked up, damaging the front derailleur and breaking the engine chain. After repairing it, the chain was now too short to fit the sprockets. Fortunately, the bike chain and sprockets were ok, so I pedalled four miles to work in full gear and backpack. I had forgotten my cellphone, so I stopped by my auto mechanic's shop to call my office. I had to pick up a foster child @ 945am to transport him to his doctor's appointment. Thankfully, I was able to reach the doctor in time today.

A woman whom I had attended college classes with last year jogged by, so we spoke for a bit. As soon as she was out of sight, I realized I shoulda asked to borrow her cellphone to call my office. Three other joggers passing by said they didn't have cellphones(yeah, right), even after I offered $10 to borrow it.

After work, I had less than three hours to repair my bike and ride home before dark. Since it's in a secured area/workplace, I decided to leave it there overnight. My vacation starts tomorrow, so wifey can drop me off at work. I'll repair it there. If I can't fix it, it'll be a 6-mile leisurely ride home.

Today was not a good day.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 12-15-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner