Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Gutter Rider

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Ah!!!!!! I just saw this TUBE 2.75/3.00X23 IRC think I will order it tonight!! I know mebbe I am just rambling again lol. Mebbe they come radio active now!!? Seeing the power plant accident and all

Problem is motorcycles measure by the rim and bicycles go by the tire... I had to stretch my last tube just a tad to get it on the rim. Pretty sure this one is it..

Not Kidding these tubes come in a shoe size box! They will not fit in any thing smaller.

I should have gotten this one
These tubes came in today they will not work on a 24X3.0 bicycle tire. So nobody should even bother to try these. I will have to return them. Also they were not heavy duty like my first tube I tried.

I will just get the same tube I used before because well it worked pretty good.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

That is the fun thing about the bikes. Lots of creativity, and people sharing tips. I use this, and don't spill the fuel. It has a button to release the fuel dispensing lever, and when you let go, it shuts off instantly. I can carry it in my milk crate to go get the fuel, or just leave it at home after fueling. Blitz Gas Can 1 Gallon $5-10
Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM

I had a jug and nozzle like that, as well as three other jugs. i USED to carry a jug on my bike, until I found a four-liter fuel tank. All my jugs are in storage now.

Hey, whatever works is good enough.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:36 AM

I carry my emergency fuel in a Gatorade bottle and usually have it in a bottle holder on the bike
Old 09-18-2011, 01:09 AM

Last night I pulled an all nighter puttin together my motorbike I have a sbP shift kit ,expansion chamber , cns carb with cns aluminum billet intake using a Dax 80 all installed on a Novara bonanza frame

So far so good started up easily shifts nice now all I nOw I just have to tweak the carb and adjust a few things here and here mainly the right side cog on tue jack shaft keeps vibrating loose and sliding to the right I'm gunna file the shaft some more try some removable locktight if that don't hold some exteme hold will
Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
That is the fun thing about the bikes. Lots of creativity, and people sharing tips. I use this, and don't spill the fuel. It has a button to release the fuel dispensing lever, and when you let go, it shuts off instantly. I can carry it in my milk crate to go get the fuel, or just leave it at home after fueling. Blitz Gas Can 1 Gallon $5-10
Got one just like this out in my shed; works great. I got a pretty good system: the gallon jug holds some premix, the plastic oil bottle is one of the ones with two reservoirs where you squeeze the oil into the upper one that has measurements on it - 20 to 1, 32 to 1, 40 to 1, and so one. And I would carry a small jug of two-stroke oil with me wherever I went - just enough for a pint of gas.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
Got one just like this out in my shed; works great. I got a pretty good system: the gallon jug holds some premix, the plastic oil bottle is one of the ones with two reservoirs where you squeeze the oil into the upper one that has measurements on it - 20 to 1, 32 to 1, 40 to 1, and so one. And I would carry a small jug of two-stroke oil with me wherever I went - just enough for a pint of gas.
Yes, I also carry a small container of oil wherever I go - just enough for three quarts of fuel.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 PM

I rode my friends cranbrook to help break it in, He is a young guy with two and four year olds and no time to ride the bike. It's been a long time since I had that problem, anyway the bgf z50 is coming along well getting stronger every ride. What I have found that works for me is to ride the bike up the road I live on and back about three to four times which gets the motor to operating temp. but not too hot, about five miles each time.

Last edited by Greg58; 09-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I just ordered a flying horse 66cc engine kit for the schwinn stingray!!! YEA!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM

I'm home with a kid too. I pull my toddler around on my pedal bike for "tree watching time" (watching the trees go by and the little birdies flying around in the nature preserve). I haven't towed the kid trailer with the mb. I think it is probably too loud, and geared too high. I have another bike, a really sedate looking road/hybrid bike. When I get one of the friction drive kits, I'll put a rubber hose on the muffler exit and run it high enough it doesn't smoke the trailer lol. I think if it has the small roller we can cruise around at 10mph and not be too loud. Is there a thread on this?

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner